7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2017 2:57 PM by cahunt

Link missing in playback on WPM

jonchill

I've produced a recording that logins to a website and runs a report wait for the report to complete and then logout.

When I run the recording through the player it works fine but when I setup the recording as a monitor in WPM it fails.

The recording was created on the same server that the montior recording is assigned to.

Why is the recording failing in WPM but works perfectly fine when run through player?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

• Re: Link missing in playback on WPM
          cahunt

Check your screen shots and see if the pages are loading in time before the next step. If your page(or part of the page - possibly the dynamic section where this link is) is not showing then you might need to add in a wait before the next step. This will give time for the page to load, which in turn will allow for the resources to be available for use by the player.

If it's continually problematic, try navigating the page with tabs, or keystrokes and use static links instead of dynamic resources. (if this is an option).

Or you use the image/text verification to confirm the page has loaded - these will check for specific image or text on the page to confirm load.

The playbacks can be affected by many other things from your player to the actual server the app or webpage is being run from - any increase in load time has potential to show exponentially in your playbacks. So don't be afraid to use your playback times(from the scheduled playbacks) as a measure for thresholds rather than what the player says it takes (and what is put as the default thresholds) when you play the recording yourself from the player.

Shoot back with some details if this is not enough to get you where you need to be.

jonchill

I've checked the screen shot and it's showing an authorisation error, what I don't understand is that playing it in the recorder and actually doing the steps in a standalone browser it works fine so what could be the issue?

The recording being played in WPM was recorded on the same server.

I can PM you the recording if that would help.

cahunt

Is this a private or public site?  I had some auth/page load issues in the past when setting up transactions for internal/intranet sites. I had to use a local, non domain account on that recording box to record those specific transactions. I am not sure what I might be able to determine/or not from the file.

There are log files on your player. Look for entries in the logs after each attempted playback, programdata\orion\logs\seum\  if memory serves correct.

jonchill

Yes, its an app on the Intranet.

I think I've found the logs located C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\SEUM the agentservice.log has errors.

I'll try logging with the local non domain account and see what happens.

Thanks

Jon

jonchill

I've just tried doing what you've suggested and logged into the recorder box with a local admin account non domain but now it throws the access denied error as above before it logs in but going to the same URL in a browser it logs in fine and works. So I'm assuming its some sort of wierd issue with the recorder.

cahunt

The App may have some scripting/coding that the player can not pick up on. If you have a direct link to a page you want to check that you would see through the app you could navigate directly to the html/css/etc page that loads through the app. Without more details it's hard to TS this completely.

Also, if after the login the app takes a few seconds to load, you might need to build in a delay.

If the app opens/pops up a 2nd window then the recorder will have issue with the playback eventually. The screen shots as well, once the 2nd window loads; tend to capture from the first window so you might not see the app in the screen shots even if it has a successful playback. But with some work you can get to a successful playback from the player. Just note the steps that cause failure at times, reference logs, and add some wait times for those steps before moving to the next step where you are likely to use the loaded resource.

cahunt

Also when logging with the local machine account - you will need to verify within your intranet/domain using the service account at the start of the recording.

If you can bring up a separate intranet site with a web interface for login, or cancel the pop up that you might get to see if the web verification will come up for login. Then verify with the service account. Once Intranet access is obtained, move to your App resource you want to record on.

If you log the machine with the domain account, sometimes it can throw off the intranet resources. If you use your account to login to the machine then your credentials get passed through the recording and can mess things up.