This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issue Vlan 1 - Alcatel Switch 6850.

Hello,

Does anyone has the following issue which seems to happen on Alcatel switchs only ?

This is an issue about the displayed VLAN numbers when I look at the UDT ports of a Alcatel switch.

Here is a real example to explain and show the issue:

First, I can check information on a connected PC:

The ipconfig shows an IP address starting by 10.20,
which means in our infra I'm clearly on VLAN 20.

Carte Ethernet Connexion au réseau local :

Suffixe DNS propre à la connexion. . . : administration.adm
   Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM
   Adresse physique . . . . . . . . . . . : 64-00-6A-4F-AB-CD
   DHCP activé. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Oui
   Configuration automatique activée. . . : Oui
   Adresse IPv6 de liaison locale. . . . .: fe80::91b:5520:d7dc:1c14%11(préféré)
   Adresse IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.20.0.59(préféré)

I can also check on the switch (CLI) it's connected on that I see on port 27 my Mac Address on VLAN 20

JT-RDC-SW5-> show mac-address-table 1/27

Domain   Vlan/SrvcId        Mac Address            Type         Protocol     Operation          Interface

--------+--------------+---------------------+----------------+------------+--------------+------------------------

VLAN    20             00:0c:29:cc:xx:xx     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

VLAN    20             00:21:b7:2e:xx:xx     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

VLAN    20             48:4d:7e:f0:xx:xx     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

VLAN    20             64:00:6a:4f:ab:cd     learned          ---          bridging       1/27

Note: The port 27 is an access port which I see to be on VLAN 20 by the following command.

JT-RDC-SW5->
show
vlan port

vlan   port     type      status

------+-------+---------+-------------

20   1/27    default   forwarding

Everything looks consitent so far,
except, when I look at the UDT page of the switch, I see "Vlan 1" on the very right column

And the issue is that I see VLAN 1 on every ALCATEL access port (amongs hundreds switch, whatever the switch and whatever the port)

active port 1/27 10.20.0.x 64:00:6A:4F:AB:CD1
10.20.3.x48:4D:7E:F0:xx:xx1
10.20.7.x 00:21:B7:2E:xx:xx1
10.20.0.x EC:B1:D7:D9:xx:xx1

Whick makes the UDT module very not usefull
What is really frustrating is that I see however "1,20" (as follow) when I move the mouse over the port number, but not 20 (or at least 1,20) at the end of the column in the UDT Table.

pastedImage_32.png

Solarwinds support tells me that my switchs (Alcatel 6850) might not support the OID requested... but first I don't think I have control over this OID value,

and second I can't believe that more than 100 Alcatel switchs do not follow SW MID standard...

I knew that Solarwinds was not entirely compatible Alcatel, but for such a basic function I don't believe there's no solution.

Does anyone meet the same issue ?

If anyone has their Alcatel Switch 6850 working well with UDT,
I'll be more than happy to see that's working for somebody else.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Jean-Thierry