1 of 1 people found this helpful
A couple of quick answers, along with pointers to more info:
- If this is truly a one-off and it won't happen again for another group, then you should probably just clone your existing disk alert and change the parameters.
- It's NEVER just a one off and it WILL happen again.
- So go into the node manager and view volumes. Add a few custom properties
- email_team (text field)
- warn_thresh (integer field)
- alert_thresh (integer field)
- Ask your email admin to create the actual group account so that THEY can manage who gets the emails. Otherwise you will forever be stuck adding/removing people from that custom property in SolarWinds
- Find the C and D drive for the server in question, and add the group email into the "email_team" field
- Put 80 in the alert_thresh for both drives
Now, create an alert with the following logic:
IF email_Team is NOT blank
AND disk Util % >= field alert_thresh
that's your trigger.
Set up your actions - which should include an email notification AND you can use the email_team variable in the "TO:" field of the email.
That should get you started. Here's an episode of SolarWinds lab were we dig into some of the specifics of alert design.
Leon is 1000% right on this it will never be a one off. it will become the standard:)