5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 3:40 PM by mesverrum

Alert Notifications???

mr.robot

Why are we receiving email notifications from both Orion@domainname.com and from Network Performance Monitor? How can I receive emails from one or the other? I can't seem to locate it in the alert settings.

• Re: Alert Notifications???
          jeilers

I'm not sure of details to be able to tell you for sure but if this is an alert set up through the website you need to look at "All Settings" then go to "Configure Default Send Email Action". You should see Name of Sender and Reply address which I think would be where this is. If these are trap or syslog alerts then it may be in a different place in those actual applications.

Let me know if this works for you?

rkavanagh

Hi mr.robot,

To achieve this quickly, go to Settings in the web console, then Manage Alerts. On the Manage Alerts page, click on Action Manager and then group by Action Type. Select the Send an Email/Page action type, select all of the actions, and then click on Edit Action. In the window that pops up, you can edit each individual section. Expand out the Recipients section, then the Sender details. Tick both the Name of Sender and Reply Address fields, then populate with ${N=Generic;M=DefaultEmailSenderName} and ${N=Generic;M=DefaultEmailFrom}respectively. Make sure to have the correct name and email address configured in your Default Send Email Action settings prior to saving changes on this! This will ensure everything is consistent. Let me know if you have any trouble setting this up.

All Email Actions Fields

Rob Kavanagh

Prosperon - UK SolarWinds Partners

Installation | Consultancy | Training | Licenses

facebook_icon.jpglinkedin.pngblogger.pngtwitter-icon.jpg

mesverrum

This report breaks out all the alert action settings so you can find which alerts have those values in them, use it inside a custom query resource

--Alert Configuration and Actions Report

select

ac.name as  [Alert Name]

,'/Orion/Alerts/Default.aspx' as [_linkfor_Alert Name]

,case when ac.Enabled=1 then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif'

when ac.Enabled=1 then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif'

end as [_iconfor_Alert Name]

,ac.Description

,ac.Frequency

,case when ac.frequency < 60 then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif'

else '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif'

end as [_iconfor_Frequency]

,CASE

WHEN ac.Severity = 2 then 'Critical'

WHEN ac.Severity = 3 then 'Serious'

WHEN ac.Severity = 1 then 'Warning'

WHEN ac.Severity = 0 then 'Informational'

WHEN ac.Severity = 5 then 'Notice'

END AS [Severity]

,CASE

WHEN ac.Severity = 2 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Critical.png'

WHEN ac.Severity = 3 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Serious.png'

WHEN ac.Severity = 1 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Warning.png'

WHEN ac.Severity = 0 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/InformationalAlert.png'

WHEN ac.Severity = 5 THEN '/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Notice.png'

END AS [_iconfor_Severity]

,ac.AlertMessage

,aa.CategoryType

,a.actiontypeid

,ap.propertyname

,ap.propertyvalue

from orion.actionsassignments aa

join orion.alertconfigurations ac on aa.parentid=ac.alertid

join orion.actions a on a.actionid=aa.actionid

join orion.actionsproperties ap on ap.actionid=a.actionid

where ac.enabled=1

and ap.PropertyName not in ('EscalationLevel','executionIfAknowledge','executionRepeatTimeSpan','MessageContentType','Priority','SmtpServerID' )

and ap.PropertyValue is not null and ap.PropertyValue not like ''

--and (propertyname like 'EmailTo' or propertyname like 'EmailCC' or propertyname like 'EmailBCC')

--and (ac.name like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%' or ap.propertyvalue like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%' )`

order by ac.Name, aa.Categorytype desc, a.ActionTypeID, ap.PropertyName