This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Assign an existing ticket via the API?

Is it possible to assign a ticket to a specific tech after the ticket is created using the API?   Nothing I try seems to work.

What I need to do is create a ticket, escalate that ticket and then assign it to a tech.

Using the API I can create a ticket that is assigned to a tech ( via the "assignToCreatingTech": true )

I can then, with the API,  escalate that ticket, but once I do the ticket is unassigned  ( as I would expect )

I have not been able to find a way to create a ticket, escalate it and then assign it.

I have tried a variety of update methods per the API Guide,  but nothing seems to work:

curl -X PUT -d assign.json "XXXXXXX/.../32499"

with my assign.json file containing

{"clientTech": {"id":4,"type":"Tech","displayName":"Joe Tech"}}

Everything returns and Invalid JSON String error.

Thanks,

Andrew

• I'm not sure what your environment is like, but it seems like it would be optimal to configure your escalation paths/rules within WHD.  That way, regardless of method (API, manual escalation, etc.) the ticket will get assigned to the correct Tech.

I've just started playing with the API myself, so unfortunately can't be any help there.