This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can Orion monitor Windows Mapped Drive?

Can Orion monitor Windows Mapped Drive?

• Depends on what you mean by monitoring the mapped drive, but the answer is basically yes.  As a general rule, you should be monitoring those drives on the file server where the live, in which case it is just a normal local drive to that server.

There is also a built int SAM template called "Windows File Share Availability" that you can use to test if the polling engine can access a shared drive across the network.

For trying to test if the systems you are monitoring can reach to a particular share you could cook up a remotely executable powershell script to validate the same data  but I don't think there is a built in template for that.

• Funny you ask. I had the same question a few weeks ago. The answer (thanks to AlterEgo) is yes. I am using a script that I have pointed to a basic ping node that is pointed to our SAN IP address.

Here is the template that worked best for me.

Windows File Share Availability

thwack.jpg

• Hi stephen.black

Does it only monitor the availability? How about the status of mapped drive, such as disk capacity monitoring?