This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Emailing Application Custom Property

So, I am looking to set up alerting where the people emailed are designated in an application custom property. Ive been toying around with this a bit and I cant seem to figure out how to get it to show up in the To/CC fields of an alert. I saw a post suggesting to use ${APM_ApplicationCustomProperties.MyProperty}, but that doesnt appear to work. I also tried adding it to the body and then copy it to the To/CC fields and that didnt work either. Would anyone else have any experience with this?

• I have seen ${N=SwissEntity;M=Application.CustomProperties.MyProperty}, but I could never get it working.

So I created: ${SQL: SELECT Email FROM NodesCustomProperties where NodeID=${Nodeid}} and stuck it in the To/CC/BCC box within the configure email action.

pastedImage_1.png

I am sure you can rewrite the SQL to APM_ApplicationCustomProperties, such as:

${SQL: SELECT Email FROM APM_ApplicationCustomProperties where ApplicationID=${ApplicationID}}

I hope it helps! emoticons_wink.png

• Curious what errors you two are getting exactly, as I use an app property for alerting in client environments all the time and never have issues.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

The only sticking point is sometimes new custom properties don't start resolving until you restart the services on your orion server.

• If I recall there was no specific error, it was just not resolving. I didnt even think to try and restart the services. If I run across a need for this again Ill have to remember that. For now, Im just using my node contact custom property