This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring ASA with FirePower Services

We are currently migrating to Cisco's ASA 5512-X firewall with the FirePower services module. Outside of monitoring it with ICMP, I am trying to get SolarWinds to provide/display more data. In the FirePower module, you can set it up to send SNMP alerts in one area, you can set it up so that port 161 is open, but I am still trying to get the two to talk across SNMP. Has anyone been successful with setting up SNMP traps, etc?

• Submitted Case #1355478 for resolution. Unfortunately, it seems that NPM 12.2 is not capable of monitoring FirePower Services module on the ASA 5512-X using SNMP traps. The only thing that I found is to create two types of alerts SNMP and Syslog which is supposed to send alerts to the appropriate server but doesn't have the capability to monitor the device itself. The suggestion was creating a MIB in a Universal Poller to accomplish it, but I have not done that yet. If anyone has any ideas, I am open to it.

• vote on the feature request