This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issues with alerts after upgrade

Good afternoon.

I did an upgrade (to 12.3?) Monday and everything appeared fine.  Then yesterday I noticed that some of the alerts were a little broken.  As in they are not showing any stats when they are sent to the mailbox.

As a precaution, I built a new alert and then tested the alert that was sent to me.  This is the result that I received.

Informational : Disk space usage on disk ${FullName} is
now ${VolumePercentUsed} on xxxxx xxxx xxx

Node name -
/vmfs/volumes/58ab1482-7e9e573b-fb0d-d89d67704f80

IP address - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx DNS:

Description - xxxxx xxxx xxxx - Physical, ESXi hosts
Comments - Total size is ${VolumeSize} & there is ${VolumeSpaceAvailable}
remaining

This email was generated by the Disk space alert.
01.06.2017 - SJC alert.

Please visit 172.19.37.18/.../SummaryView.aspx
for more information.

pastedImage_0.png

Here is the screenshot as evidence.  If I simulate the alert, it comes out fine without any issues, but when it's rolled out for an actual alert, I get the above.

Has anyone else had this issue, or is this a call to solarwinds?

• I have this exact issue after upgrading to 12.2.  It's inconsistent, some nodes alert correctly, other don't some do both.

• I can provide you with an answer for this:

It's ${VolumeSize} & there is ${VolumeSpaceAvailable}, soalrwinds have changed them all to reflect I guess in a change in direction.

Some of the old legacy alert commands have been made redundant, but still exist within the database of Solarwinds.

You need to replace them and so they reflect the new solarwinds format.