1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 12:11 PM by jordan.swan

Solarwinds / ServiceNow Integration - Alerts Acknowledged by Service Account

jordan.swan

Hi All!

I am trying to stand up a Solarwinds / SerivceNow integration for better control of our incident management.

I have setup the integration and configured that Alert Action, but I'm having an unexpected issue issue.

I have the alert action that creates the SerivceNow Ticket assign it to one of our Queues in ServiceNow, but when it does that, it seems to say that the Solarwinds Service Account in ServiceNow is acknowledging the alerts.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, and if so, what did you do to resolved it?

Here are some screenshots to help make this more clear.

Notice the Acknowledged section...

Instance of Alert Showing Service Account Acknowledgement

Here is (part of) the Action's configuration

Action Configuration

Thank you!

• Re: Solarwinds / ServiceNow Integration - Alerts Acknowledged by Service Account
          jordan.swan

For anyone that is experiencing the same problem, I came up with a work around for this issue.

I ended up just creating a Powershell script that runs every 15 minutes that Unacknowledges any alert that has been Acknowledged by our Service Account that we use for the ServiceNow/Solarwinds Integration.

Here is the script.

#########################################################################

# Load the SwisSnapin

Add-PSSnapin "SwisSnapin"

# Set Login information for Solarwinds

$username = "Example"

$pass = Get-Content "C:\ExamplePasswordFile.txt" | ConvertTo-SecureString

$BSTR = [System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal]::SecureStringToBSTR($pass)

$Password = [System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal]::PtrToStringAuto($BSTR)

$OrionServer = "SolarwindsServer"

# Connect to Solarwinds

$swis = Connect-Swis $OrionServer -UserName $Username -Password $password

# Get any triggered instance of an alert that has been acknowledged by the ServiceNow Service Account

$AlertObjectIDs = Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT AlertObjectID FROM Orion.AlertActive WHERE AcknowledgedBy = 'ExampleServiceAccount'"

# If it finds any alert, Unacknowledge each one

if($AlertObjectIDs){

foreach($ID in $AlertObjectIDs){

# Must use @(,@([int]$ID)) to create an int array for the single ID contained in $ID

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.AlertActive Unacknowledge  @(,@([int]$ID))

}

}

#########################################################################

Hopefully this helps someone.

Thanks,

Jordan

1 of 1 people found this helpful