I find that the search is very hit or miss, some clients it will execute not problem and give me the values instantly, others it just spins forever. I know how to find most of the variables manually so I just don't use the search anymore because I hate having it stall out while a client is watching me. Doesn't seem to be obviously related to the capabilities of the server or responsiveness of the website as sometimes the search is fast for people with slow consoles, other times it is slow for people with lightning fast consoles.
Our environment is a one-off special case problem child. We where close to wiping these servers clean and starting from ground zero, but decided we wanted to chase the root cause instead of going that route to prevent the problem from ever happening again.
Only reason I posted this to the forum is because I was curious in hearing and finding out if anyone shared similar pains and what they might of done to improve things. This made it to DEV when management jumped on the last call with SW demanded a developer check our environment before they consider a different solution. And SW passed it to them. They have already found one problem relating to browser issues that they fixed. But more is needed.
If anything, I'll put an update on here on what is found. Just in case should someone ever have a similar issue they'll know what the fix is.
I have confidence we'll get this corrected. It's just taken forever to get to a solution.
The funny part and frustrating at the same time is that not even solarwinds dev department knows what's going. I find it incredible that so many minds are involved and everyone is scratching their heads.