4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2017 9:10 AM by joseph reddy

Solarwinds report

joseph reddy

I created solarwinds report wherein I could get the information of all the nodes like cpu, memory. I set this as a daily notification which is causing email noise. I would like to turn off this notification. Instead I want  the solarwinds to be able to check the health of the application and send an alert only when a value is outside its normal tolerances.

• Re: Solarwinds report
          d09h

Have you created an alert?  And disabled your scheduled report?

joseph reddy

I have disabled the scheduled report that I created.

I would like to create an alert for the entire group of nodes and send notifications only when value is outside normal tolerance. How do I do that ?

d09h

Are you using dependencies currently? When you say 'value is outside normal tolerance' are you referring to CPU and memory?  If so, which thresholds do you use to define normal? When you say 'check the health of the application', what are your plans?  I would assume you aren't asking in the context of SAM module as this is NPM forum.  If my assumption is wrong, then this could be an easy request via SAM.

joseph reddy

Yes, I am referring to CPU and Memory. Normal thresholds that I use is if memory utilization is greater than 60%, it should throw an error and alert me in the form of email. I would like to know how to set it up.

I have two cases/scenerious on this to be worked.

1) Need to set it up for the entire environment

2) Need to set it up only for particular group of nodes.

The second part I am referring to is SAM module on the application. I will request this via SAM.