This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UnDP Test Shows Multiple Values - But Only 2 Appear in CustomPollerStatus

Hi everyone,

I am able to see multiple values when I test the following UnDP against my firewall.

CHECKPOINT-MIB:tunnelPeerObjName

String

However when I look in the CustomPollerStatus table in Solarwinds NetPerfMon only the first 2 items are captured.

This is the first time I have encountered an issue where UnDP test shows the correct information but Solarwinds NPM doesn't.

I am able to use UnDP to return 400+ string values for other OIDs.

I am running Orion Core 2012.2.1, SAM 5.2.0 SP1, NCM 7.1.1, NPM 10.4.1, NTA 3.10.0, IVIM 1.5.0

Has anyone else encountered this or have any clever ways I might be able to workaround the problem.

Thanks in advance

Andy

• Try looking at 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.500.9002.1.3, the CheckPoint-MibTunnelState table, as this has both state and the label (which is the IP address of the far end on our environment).

I have uploaded our UDP,  'CheckPoint-TunnelState_poller.UnDP' into the NPM content pages, if you are stuck.

I then used the either a Custom Table (pointed at the relevant Device Poller, with Value and Label) or the Tabular Universal Device Poller to display the values on which view tab for the device you fancy.

I hope it helps.

• Thanks for your reply yaquaholic. Unfortunately that OID is not supported by our appliance. I have however made a bit more progress in determining the cause.

The values being returned are not in IP address order and so some SNMP Tools throw up an error "Error: OID not increasing:"

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2620.500.9002.1.2.10.213.n.n.n = STRING: "VPN1"

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2620.500.9002.1.2.213.78.n.n.n = STRING: "VPN2"

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2620.500.9002.1.2.109.104.n.n.n = STRING: "VPN3"

For Net-SNMP you can add a -Cc switch to the SNMP get command which ignores the fact that values aren't returned in increasing order.

I just need to work out how to get the Solarwinds NPM poller to ignore that values are out of order. It would appear UnDP has this configured but NPM doesn't.

• Odd one, I have seen OIDs that encompass the IP addresses before, but I don't recall having issues with them (except trying to extract the IP from the OID).

In fact I have just recreated the poller and it is working for me, you might need to raise a support call.

Capture.JPG

• What version of NPM / UnDP are you running? It may be something that was corrected later on. I am still on Orion NPM 10.4.1 and Orion Core 2012.2.1

Thanks for taking the time to try it out on your own system.

So underneath your redacted bits the first 2 octets of each IP address are in ascending numerical order then i.e. (using my example above)

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2620.500.9002.1.2.10.213.n.n.n = STRING: "VPN1"

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2620.500.9002.1.2.109.104.n.n.n = STRING: "VPN3"

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.2620.500.9002.1.2.213.78.n.n.n = STRING: "VPN2"

• Yes, we are on NPM 12.1.

I have to say, that it is well worth the effort to upgrade, if you have a support contract.

• Thanks for clarifying :-) I thought that a newer version would resolve the issue.

Yes I see all the new features of NPM 12.1 but sadly we had to cancel our support contract 3 years ago as we had to reduce our expenditure.