4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2018 1:32 PM by kremerkm

Dell Force 10 S-Series SNMPv3

kremerkm

We have recently added some Dell Force-10 S Series model switches to our inventory.  I want to run SNMPv3 on these switches for security, but having tough time to get them to add as a node in NPM.  Anyone have any good configuration on Dell Force 10 with recent code.   I looked around and latest post I have is from two years ago and some that is not applying to this code level.  Any thoughts?

• Re: Dell Force 10 S-Series SNMPv3
          usman.farooqi

HI,  Did you ever get the Dell Force 10 switches to work with Solarwinds on SNMP V3.  Please let me know how you fixed it.  Not working for me either

kremerkm

Yes, we figured it out.  

Here is template we use and the stuff with inside brackets modify to your configuration on.  It was all about the view and the oid-tree of 1.3.6.1 to read the MIBS portion that we had to correct.

snmp-server contact (Location Contact)

snmp-server group (Group Name) 3 priv read (Group View)

snmp-server host (Server IP) traps version 3 priv (SNMP User) udp-port 162

snmp-server location (Location Name)

snmp-server user (SNMP User) (Group Name) 3 encrypted auth sha (Auth Password) priv aes128 (Privilege Password)

snmp-server view (Group View) 1.3.6.1 included

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  usman.farooqi

Oh great. thank you for your reply.  I just figured it out too a few minutes ago. I used the 1 for oid category to include everything.  if you dont mind me asking why do you use this line of code:

Its not really required unless you want to send traps correct?

snmp-server host (Server IP) traps version 3 priv (SNMP User) udp-port 162.

kremerkm

Yes that is true for traps and we put it in there in case we needed to do that down the road.   

1 of 1 people found this helpful