5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 10:21 AM by gregdege1

Cisco Firepower

marnell

Is there a way to integrate Cisco Firepower into SolarWinds Orion

• Re: Cisco Firepower
          alexpf

It is possible to monitor the firewall in the latest NPM release. To my knowledge, not the IPS/IDS.

From Cisco:

Should be able to send netflow to NTA - AVC - More than 3000 application-layer and risk-based controls can invoke tailored IPS threat-detection policies to improve security effectiveness.

Monitor the basic firewall, not FirePOWER with NPM - ASA with FirePOWER NGIPS - Highly effective threat prevention and a full contextual awareness of users, infrastructure, applications, and content help you detect multivector threats and automate the defense response.

Not to my knowledge - Reputation and URL filtering - This filtering provides comprehensive alerting and control over suspect web traffic. It enforces policies on hundreds of millions of URLs in more than 80 categories.

Not to my knowldege - AMP - Effective breach detection with low TCO offers protection value. Discover, understand, and stop malware and emerging threats missed by other security layers

Thanks,

Alex

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Cisco Firepower
            gregdege1

I think Firepower FXOS is currently buggy so until the Cisco BAU works with Solarwinds, I don't think we will be able to connect the FXOS side to Solarwinds.   I currently have a TAC case open on the issue and I am going to see if I can move it up to the BAU to resolve.   Also offer priv auth MD5 as well as SHA1 and up to AES-256 for privacy like the ASA and the NEXUS platforms.  Of course the ASA side of Firepower works.