This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

nDepth search for a complete string

In nDepth, I need to search for complete strings, including spaces, periods, hypens, etc.

Here is an example:

If I search for  DstIP: 12.34.56.789  I get results for DstIP and 12.34.56.789 in the same event, but not as a complete string.  It could be DstIP some text 12.34.56.789, or 12.34.56.789 some text or numbers DstIP. How do I search for "DstIP: 12.34.56.789" as a complete string?

Thank you for your help!

• Hello Ojanke,

It may help to have someone take a direct look at this with you, and it wouldn't hurt to be able to get a screenshot of what you're actual search looks like, but for the most part you should be able to do this already.

For example:

2017-10-20 10_56_50- Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2..png

I have replicated what I imagine you could search for.  I have braced the search terms with wildcards (*) otherwise your search won't complete if there's other data in the field.

I don't have your specific data, but that should generally work.  If I'm oversimplifying let me know and give me some additional context and I'll take another look.