This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Disable escalate/de-escalate

Is there any way to disable the escalate/de-escalate feature? We are a school district with a small IT staff of 8 people - we all work on the same tickets and we don't escalate tickets to others.  Our clients keep hitting the escalate button after submitting a ticket (thinking they will get help faster) but all they are doing is loading up my IT Director with "escalated" tickets which is slowing down our response process.  emoticons_plain.png  It would be great if we could just turn that feature off.

• I do not believe there is a way for non techs to escalate. I logged into my system as standard non tech user and do not see the escalate button.

• Thanks @typhoon87 - upon closer look, we have a few people with a tech role (complicated to explain, but they aren't IT staff) that are using the escalate button.  So I stand corrected, it's not clients.  I am still frustrated by this because when they use that button, it's pulling the ticket away from the person that should be resolving it. emoticons_confused.png