This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts on Disabled components

I have some SAM templates assigned to around two hundreds of Windows boxes.

Some of components in templates are Disabled, rather on template level than on given nodes.

Alerts for fired for this components are still active and shown on All Active Alerts page.

I have modified a little query from Petr.Vilem​ (Re: Disabled components not really disabled ):

SELECT c.ID, C.Name, c.ComponentType, c.ApplicationID, c.TemplateID, c.ApplicationItemID, c.IsDisabled, c.Disabled, ccs.Availability

FROM APM_ComponentExt c 

INNER JOIN APM_CurrentComponentStatus ccs ON c.ID = ccs.ComponentID 

WHERE c.[Disabled] = 1 AND ccs.Availability <> 7 

AND IsDisabled IS NULL

and got 3059 rows in result.

I have SAM version 6.2.4, bug with alerts for Disabled components is told to be fixed with release of 6.2 and 6.2.1 (Bug:  Disabled component causing alerts to fire , Re: Disabled components not really disabled, https://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/22707  ).

So I'm curious

1) what is the reason of such behaviour of SAM 6.2.4

2) what is a difference between APM_ComponentExt.Disabled and APM_ComponentExt.isDisabled in meaning?