This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Device schema in SQL database

Hi, we are trying to collect device info (IP, MAC, HOSTNAME) from Solarwinds, with DB Connect add-on for Splunk. I managed to connect to the database and looking at the schemas/tables, I am unable to find anything that related to devices reporting to Solarwinds. I'm new to the Solarwinds product so I have very little expertise with it. Can anyone help locate the correct info in the massive SQL db? I'm attaching a screenshot of the schemas and tables I see. Is there a default table device info is stored in?

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 9.29.01 AM.png

• Those don't look like SolarWinds tables.

• He's looking at the master db table, that is all generic sql server stuff.  You need to be looking for a "catalog" like netperfmon or solarwindsorion, then there should be a dbo.nodes table with the bulk of what you are asking for.

• Hi, I'm looking in the NetPerfMon catalog and none of the schemas are populating. I think this is either a permission issue or maybe that catalog isn't used. I also don't see a solarwindsorion catalog. Is there a default db/catalog where device info is stored? Or is it something that's specified in the setup of the product?

• Depending how old your orion db is it would either be netperfmon or solarwindsorion, since you see netperfmon then that is likely the one you need.  I suspect you are right about it being a permissions issue, you'll just want to have your dba assign the necessary permissions to the account the splunk tool is using to pull this data.  Log into SSMS and this should all be fairly obvious just from looking around the db's.