3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2017 7:06 AM by kjette

Ticket Type Priority

vaitheesh

Is there any way in the Webhelpdesk that I can change the ticket priority when I change the ticket type (Service Request, Incident or Problem)?

I am aware the priority is associated with Request type but this does not accomodate for the type of ticket. For example, there maybe a issue with Request Type "Desktop" which has priority 3 but if its an Incident, I would need the ticket to be increased to Priority 2 with a better SLA. And if its a problem a different SLA.

• Re: Ticket Type Priority
          rickstevens

Im not aware of a way of altering things that way, but you could use Parent Request types to get around this.  We dont use the 'ticket type' as its very restrictive, so we set everything up via Request types.

You could have Parent reqeust types of Service Request, Incident, Problem etc and then have clhild ticket types such as desktop underneath them with different default priorites assigned to them.

• Re: Ticket Type Priority
            kjette

You should be able to do this with Action Rules and the Modify Ticket option.  For example, you could configure it so whenever a ticket type is changed to Problem then the Priority will automatically change to P1.