This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need help adding CustomPropertyValues in Orion

Hello -

I am just looking for a simple answer - and NOT a complicated solution with sql triggers etc emoticons_happy.png

We have a custom field defined, I can see the values in the dbo.CustomPropertyValues table.

When they're added from SolarWinds GUI, they're usable. I need to be able to add new values from a SQL query - but they don't show up in the GUI as an option if I add to the table from SQL, why? Is there another table I need to add these values to?

-----

This is the query I am using to insert:

INSERT INTO dbo.CustomPropertyValues(TargetTable,Name,Value) VALUES ('NodesCustomProperties','Custom_Application','Powerscribe');

When I run the select query, it shows as a value. When I check the GUI, it does not display as an option in the dropdown.

The values look the same as those added by the GUI, no additional spaces or special characters.