This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Big Panda integration

Please integrate Big Panda

• We are attempting to integrate Solarwinds with BigPanda.

The direct issue seems to be a communication problem with the Solarwinds API itself. Basically I am trying to add a subscription via the API and it isn't working.

I have tried a simple GET request using postman to the URL, (https://localhost:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Create/System.Subscription) which is what the BigPanda integration utility uses, and am getting 403 forbidden returns. I have tried a GET with local and domain admin level accounts along with Solarwinds admin accounts and any configuration continues to return the 403 forbidden error.

Any information would be of great assistance!.

• Hi Ed,

Why don't you build your own Big Panda monitoring template?

SAM provides a fantastic toolset for creating your own monitors, for example use the Real Time Process viewer or the Service Viewer to monitor processes and services, there are Windows Event log monitors and failing that you can integrate so much with PowerShell or VBS.

Creating a new application template - Video - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

I would start with identifying the critical processes/services, then maybe a check to see if the front end is working (URL test perhaps) and review log files (windows events or application logs) for known issues.

You can add monitors to the template, bit by bit, so start with the easy ones and then work your way down.

If you get stuck on any particular monitoring item, post it back here and we'll see what we can do for you.

Good luck,

Rich

• I have just noticed that this is in the SDK forum, and I was thinking SAM....

Have you seen the BigPanda  SolarWinds integration steps?

What exactly are you trying to achieve with said integration?

• The end user is attempting to use Big Panda to collect alerts from Solarwinds and other sources. Big Panda will optimize said alerts and take action.

• BigPanda is seeing issues with API calls to the Solarwinds Instance. Every call that is attempted is returned with a 403 "Forbidden" error code. Even basic GET requests return 403. The reason BigPanda needs to make an API call to the Solarwinds instance is to create a new subscription (a new entry gets added to Orion's subscriptions table in the database). If there is a direct and non-API way to create subscriptions they are open to it.