11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2018 10:18 AM by wizard_from_oz

Report to find out servers not rebooted for 'n' number of days

dhyanesh.mehta

Hello All,

Good Evening!!

This is Dhyanesh Mehta, back again with another query. Is there any way we can generate a report to scan and find out which devices/servers have not been rebooted since last 30 days or lets say n number of days? If it is then will you please guide me how?

IP Monitor Version: 10.8.2

Please let me know in case more information is needed from my side.

Thanks,

Dhyanesh Mehta

• Re: Report to find out servers not rebooted for 'n' number of days
          bkyle

Dhyanesh,

If these devices are using SNMP, you could try a report based on system up time (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3).

dhyanesh.mehta

Hello Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. Yes all devices i want to monitor has SNMP. I already tried to add Uptime in the report but issue i am facing is it gets all monitors in Uptime not jus Ping. For example what i did was i go to report> Add custom report> Select group of Device> i selected a group which contains multiple devices each have multiple monitors like Ping, drive space, Ram, CPU and Windows Services. Now when i select Uptime parameter for Last Month and click on preview it brings status report of all monitors which are up since last month that includes Ping, Drive Space, Service and all.

What i am interested is only Ping so i can determine this device has been up and running since last 30 days or not. So can you please guide me how can select Ping only? I could not fine Server Uptime as parameter in Report only Uptime is there.

Thanks,

Dhyanesh Mehta

dhyanesh.mehta

Hello Kyle,

Can you please guide me how can i generate report as per SNMP string you provided? I am not that much expert at it so if you can list down the steps it will really help.

Thanks,

Dhyanesh Mehta

dhyanesh.mehta

Hello BKyle,

I finally figured out what you mentioned by sysuptime SNMP. I successfully added sysuptime custom SNMP monitor.

1 question i have now is it gives result in Seconds. Is it possible to configure it to give result in Days? So when any monitor is down and we check it shows directly this device has not been rebooted since 40 days instead of x seconds.

Thanks,

Dhyanesh Mehta

dhyanesh.mehta

Hello,

Its been a while since i did not get any help here. Please guys somebody help me out here.

Thanks,

Dhyanesh Mehta

malasherv

Hello,

You can try this, add the sysUptime OID in UnDP and monitor it for the group of devices you want, you can further take a report of the UnDP and filter for the ones with time less than 30 days.

Not sure how far this would work, scanning system Uptime would be the best guess.

Thanks,

Malcolm.

cscoengineer

For windows servers, I would look at the LastBoot setting.   This should also be present for all SNMP devices.  If not, then I would resort to the UnDP.

Just be aware that on SNMP monitored devices, if the agent was restarted - the last boot will reflect the time when the agent was started.

The code is same as Node DOwn with duration code with changing the eventtime to lastboot.  I added a condition for just windows servers; this can be changed based on need.

I've had clients set up several of these.  One for Networking, one for Servers, etc.

SELECT

-- Node

n.Caption AS [Node Name]

,DetailsUrl AS [_LinkFor_Node Name]

,'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node Name]

-- IP and availability

,n.IP_Address as IP_Address

,'/Orion/DetachResource.aspx?ViewID=2123&ResourceID=21222&NetObject=N:'+tostring(n.nodeid) as [_LinkFor_IP_Address]

,'/Orion/Images/SubViewIcons/VitalStats03.png' as [_IconFor_IP_Address]

--edit

--,'Edit' AS [Edit]

--, '/Orion/Nodes/NodeProperties.aspx?Nodes=' + ToString(n.NodeID) AS [_LinkFor_Edit]

--,'/Orion/images/nodemgmt_art/icons/icon_edit.gif' as [_IconFor_Edit]

--,n.CustomProperties.City as [City]

,concat(SUBSTRING(tostring(n.LastBoot),1,4),SUBSTRING(tostring(n.LastBoot),5,2)

,SUBSTRING(tostring(tolocal(n.LastBoot)),12,8)) as Downtime

,CONCAT(HOURDIFF(tolocal(n.LastBoot),getdate())/24,' Day(s) ',

HOURDIFF(tolocal(n.LastBoot),getdate())-(HOURDIFF(tolocal(n.LastBoot),getdate())/24)*24,'h ',

MINUTEDIFF(tolocal(n.LastBoot),getdate())-(MINUTEDIFF(tolocal(n.LastBoot),getdate())/60)*60,'m') AS [LastBoot]

FROM Orion.Nodes n

WHERE STATUS = 1 and n.Vendor like 'Window%'

--and n.caption like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%' or n.IP_Address like '%${SEARCH_STRING}%'

ORDER BY MINUTEDIFF(tolocal(n.LastBoot),getdate())  desc

Thanks

Amit

wizard_from_oz

Lets get back on track.

1)    SNMP is the widest implemented option that allows for the same monitoring to be used - which is why we chose it.

2)   Windows LastBoot, from memory, is a WMI variable requiring a different monitor arrangement for Windows, the fun and joy of WMI, and and non windows servers / devices would end up with SNMP based one anyway..

3)   Yes - SNMP is not perfect, it is a 32 bit counter so will rollover when it reaches the upper limit.

4)   We are talking about IPMONITOR, not ORION. IPMONITOR does not monitor uptime via any OID or WMI by default.

Our solution was the simplest to be able implement across the board, and as IPMONITOR is primarily SNMP based, seemed like the easiest and most practical option.