This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Duplex mismatch filtered by custom properties

I need a few duplex mismatch alerts to send to specific distribution groups based off the custom properties, City, and Department.  Out of the box Solarwinds uses an advanced SWQL query,

LEFT JOIN Orion.TopologyConnections tc ON (tc.SrcNodeID = Interfaces.NodeID OR tc.DestNodeID = Interfaces.NodeID) AND (tc.SrcInterfaceID =Interfaces.InterfaceID OR tc.DestInterfaceID =Interfaces.InterfaceID) AND tc.DestInterfaceID IS NOT NULL AND tc.SrcInterfaceID IS NOT NULL AND tc.LayerType = 'L2'

LEFT JOIN Orion.NPM.Interfaces i ON i.InterfaceID = tc.DestInterfaceID OR i.InterfaceID = tc.SrcInterfaceID WHERE Interfaces.DuplexMode != i.DuplexMode AND Interfaces.DuplexMode > 1 AND i.DuplexMode > 1

How can i add the City is "Denver", and the Department is "Accounting" fields to this query?

Thanks!

• Hello jere557​,

You can try the following below, here is what I added:

1) I put parentheses starting after WHERE  and ending at the end of the existing statement.

2) Added ---> AND (i.Node.CustomProperties.City = 'Denver' AND i.Node.CustomProperties.Department = 'Accounting')

Please let me know if this works - full statement below:

SELECT Interfaces.Uri, Interfaces.DisplayName

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces AS Interfaces

LEFT JOIN Orion.TopologyConnections tc ON

(tc.SrcNodeID = Interfaces.NodeID OR tc.DestNodeID = Interfaces.NodeID)

AND

(tc.SrcInterfaceID =Interfaces.InterfaceID OR tc.DestInterfaceID =Interfaces.InterfaceID)

AND

tc.DestInterfaceID IS NOT NULL

AND tc.SrcInterfaceID IS NOT NULL

AND tc.LayerType = 'L2'

LEFT JOIN Orion.NPM.Interfaces i ON i.InterfaceID = tc.DestInterfaceID

OR i.InterfaceID = tc.SrcInterfaceID

WHERE (Interfaces.DuplexMode != i.DuplexMode AND Interfaces.DuplexMode > 1 AND i.DuplexMode > 1) AND (i.Node.CustomProperties.City = 'Denver' AND i.Node.CustomProperties.Department = 'Accounting')

Thank you,

=swql