7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2017 10:17 AM by martian monster

SAM Maintenance Overdue

martian monster

So Solarwinds support apparently can't help me on this issue so I am hoping someone else can.   Last week I moved my Orion Application server and Orion SQL server to new servers - the only difference is the servers are running Server 2016 and are sized for an enterprise deployment.  Ever since the move I have had the warning SAM maintenance over due as a daily warning.  I went through and redid my licensing and re synced and that did not help and also followed the SolarWinds instructions on this topic as well and it is still happening.   So I opened a ticket with SolarWinds support - they did the exact same thing and I am still getting the SAM error.  The techs suggestion was to break the customer portal link in my Orion site so the warning will go away....  So then he opened a ticket with licensing and they pretty much did the exact same thing.   And on top of it now I have a warning that was not there until Solarwinds started monkeying with my settings that "2 Products Evaluated are expired" and no one knows how to get rid of that one. 

Anyone here have any suggestions on clearing up these warnings?  I would ask support but they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Thanks!  - Dave

• Re: SAM Maintenance Overdue
          Steven Hunt

Can you provide me your support case number?

dodo123

Silly question but you havent mentioned it have you ran the database maintenance manually from the main polling engine?

also does it says which ones or is it that bar across the top with no info

martian monster

Yes I went through and manually ran database maintenance from the main polling engine.   If you go to Notifications it lists that SAM maintenance is overdue.  I spoke to two different people at SolarWinds and they said it was a licensing issue.   I also had them monkeying around on my server and now besides that one across the top it says 2 product evaluations expired.  Before I let SolarWinds support on my server I only had SAM maintenance due - and neither of the techs did anything they pretty much redid what I had done and really never got anything accomplished. 

dodo123

So does the customer portal licensing match your issue or does that look ok?

Also when you say this is a new box is it same name and ip as the last or is it totally new connecting to an existing database.

Im just thinking that maybe if it is a different name that the old name and details are in the database and causing issues.

martian monster

The Customer portal matches what I have on the Orion server.  There is the process to remove and then resync the licenses which SW did and I did. 

I moved the Orion App server to a new box with new name and new IP.  The Orion database also moved to a new box with new name and IP.

One of the steps in the move process was to open database manager and update the engines and servers and that is working.  Would this entry be someplace else in the database?

martian monster

So I was able to get this fixed and my SAM maintenance error is gone away. How did I do it?  I had one of my DBAs go through SQL and found some consistency checks were failing for quite some time in the solarwinds database.  So we took it offline, ran some consistency checks and reindexed the database and BLAMMO!  SAM maintenance warning is now finally cleared.