This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Session has expired press ok to continue

Hi All

I’m using Orion Platform 2017.3, IPAM 4.5.2

I have this connected to a BIND 9 RedHat 7 DNS server “BIND 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-51.el7 (Extended Support Version)”

Everything looks right but when I try add, delete or edit a DNS record from the GUI I get “Session has expired press ok to continue”

The GUI locks up and becomes unusable and after about 20 minutes NAMED reloads on the DNS server and as soon as it does the GUI starts to respond

Once NAMED reloads the new entry is in DNS but if I try delete or edit it I get an error asking me to rescan the DNS server

Has anyone come across this issue

Thanks

Rob

• Hi all

I think I found the issue but how to work around it is another question

Our forwarded lookup zone file is 4Mb in size and has 1956788 records (A, AAAA and CName)

If I delete loads of records from this file and get it below 2Mb all works with no issue but as soon as I go over the 2Mb the issue starts

Is there a limitation on the size of any one zone or is anyone aware of a workaround for lager zones

Thanks

Rob

• SolarWinds has confirmed the 2Mb limitation on Zone files

Each zone must be smaller than 2MB or the session will time out before it can add a record to the DNS server

quote "reducing the DNS file zone size below 2mb is the only way that we can make it work with IPAM"

Regards

Rob