6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 7:04 AM by bvondeylen

Link to a FAQ

bvondeylen

We really haven't made use of WHD FAQs yet, mainly because our users submit tickets via email.

SO…

What I am wondering is, can we include a FAQ as part of our Notes back to Clients, with the FAQ being sort of a training resource?

If so, I would like WHD FAQs to contain embedded videos or documentation.

Example:

Someone fills out a ticket saying their Smartboard lamp burned out (and we all know Smartboards do not have lamps).

So in a response, I would like to include an FAQ showing them how to let us know what model projector they have so we can bring the correct lamp. But they would need to be shown on the video what the projector looks like and where to find the model number.

IF this can be done now, please let me know.

Ideally, when a tech is updating a ticket, the FAQs would be showing on the right side of the browser window so the tech could click a link which would b embedded in the note.

• Re: Link to a FAQ
          bvondeylen

Here is an example of what I am talking about. In this case the actual ticket doesn't matter, it is the concept that matters.

To the right of every ticket, a listing of FAQs should appear that are appropriate for the Request Type. When creating a new NOTE, you should be able to click on any FAQ that would appear on the right, and a link should be created within the NOTE, so the Client can click and see the FAQ.

The FAQ needs to support both Graphics and Videos.

kellytice

When a Tech is putting a Note into a ticket, there is an option to link to a FAQ:

Then the Tech can search and Link whatever FAQ they'd like to be included in the Note:

This is what it will look like once a Note exists that has a link to a FAQ embedded:

FAQs can have attachments and/or links.

Images can display inline, but only if you have them hosted somewhere and can point to them with a URL:

When i put in a FAQ like this with a link to YouTube:

I get an embedded video like this:

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                bvondeylen

So it is almost there, but not quite.

When I look at a ticket and click the "Link FAQ", it takes me to a new generic window, where I need to select the information I am looking for (when it should already have made that selection for me based on the Request Type of the ticket).

I would also prefer the Link FAQ button NOT open a separate window, but have the FAQs available on the Ticket so a Tech can also view them while looking at the ticket. Separate window mean covering up the Ticket. Should be an option to open into a separate window, but there should also be an option to display the FAQ list within the same window of the Ticket based on the Request Type of the ticket (default) with an option to search further if desired.

I will play with this now that I can see that it is possible.

thank you Kelly Tice

bvondeylen

I should ask since I am here (I know I should try but I will ask anyway).

Will the embedded graphics and videos be viewable to our clients in their email?

Our clients do not Sign Into WHD. Everything is done via email. They submit tickets via email, the notes get sent back to them via email.

The screenshots you sent are all WHD screenshots. I am hoping the graphics and videos when included in the Notes and sent back via email will be included as well.

bvondeylen

Let me know if I am wrong, but I cannot copy/paste from Preview into a FAQ in WHD using Google Chrome (at least it is not working for me).

I need to copy/paste from Preview into a Google Doc, then copy/paste from the Google Doc into a FAQ using Google Chrome.

When attempting to copy/paste directly from Preview into a FAQ nothing happens. Like WHD will not accept the clipboard.

Still need to see if the same thing happens in Safari, but it wasn't working in Chrome.

I use Preview to annotate the graphics (screenshots).