This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updating and Synchronizing Custom Properties with CMDB

My company has the usual CMDB sprawl issue.  They have been working on designating an authoritative source to hold this information going forward.   We use Custom Properties on our nodes in Orion to hold a lot of this same CMDB info.  Being able to keep sources in sync is a recent project.  I'm curious if anyone else has been down this road and has any ideas?  What the team involved specifically asked me was whether Orion would be capable of pulling the information from the CMDB via API and then having custom property fields updated.  I know these fields can be updated via the API on the Orion side.  Does that mean the best option would be to have the data pushed to Orion and updated via the API?  Is there perhaps another method?  My apologies for lack of API experience.   Any guidance or ideas would be appreciated.