5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2017 10:42 AM by mesverrum

Change UnDP Display from Gauge to Text?

punkrulz

Hello all,

This is my first question in this community and I'm sure there are going to be very many more. I've recently been put in charge of managing and setting up one of our SolarWinds NPM environments. Coming into this program blind, I'm struggling to find my way due to how robust this application is.

I was able to successfully import the Custom Universal Device Pollers for APC devices that were found here: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-129094#start=75

The problem I'm running into: It appears that almost all of these are attempting to display as a gauge, when I don't believe they should be. Items such as Manufacture Date, Battery Time Remaining (could be gauge but doesn't have to be), etc. But, for the life of me I can't figure out how I would change this poller from attempting to display a gauge to either a text box or any other kind of format.

Would someone be able to help me with this?

Thanks!

• Re: Change UnDP Display from Gauge to Text?
          mesverrum

For most of those type of values the easiest way to show them is just add the Universal Poller Status to the details view, it will just list off the current value for them and when they were last polled.

punkrulz

Thank you Mesverrum. That will work for what I need it to. I do have another question from this:

I have a few entries in here that are non-clickable. They also repeat a few times. They say "Example" and "SmartUPS".

Is there anyway I can remove those entries in order to make sure they don't appear on the "Universal Device Poller Status" window?

Thanks!

mesverrum

They should only show up if they are assigned to the node, to clear them out go to the node management resource and click the pollers button, unselect the ones you need to remove

punkrulz

Thanks Mes.

So upon further investigation, for this device I am using two different groups of pollers:

4 pollers from the "Example" group of Pollers that SW provides.

The remaining pollers that were imported by me by community members here.

The issue that I am seeing is that each time a poller is drawn from one of those two groups, it prefaces it by saying what group it is from. The problem is that these aren't in order, meaning the first would be from "Example", the next 5 might be from "SmartUPS", then another from "Example"... so I keep seeing these group names intertwined with the results.

Is there any way to either 1) Hide the group names, or 2) Merge the 4 specified "example" pollers into SmartUPS?

Thanks!

mesverrum

I haven't poked around to determine how exactly they order the undp pollers on that resource, but I have seen what you are talking about where it scatters the groups.  If the example ones you are interested are the same as what you would want in SmartUPS then I would just use the undp tool and edit them and change their group from example to SmartUPS.