This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Navigation from node to parent map

Trying to figure out a way to create a link which allows one to navigate up the maps from the Node Details page.

Using back only works if you have drilled in from the top down.

We send out alerts which includes a URL to the Node details page.
The NOC staff would like to be able to drill-up from there.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
P. B.

Success requires three bones--wishbone, backbone and funnybone. Kobi Yamada
  • Couldn't you create an icon/image on the map that when clicked goes to the map you want?
  • Mithrillhall,

Have that going to parent maps/view and to details documentation for a site.

Looking specifically for a way to navigate up from the Node Details page to a view/map.

Thanks,
    P. B.

• quote:Originally posted by pblatz

Looking specifically for a way to navigate up from the Node Details page to a view/map.

Thanks,
    P. B.

Hey P.B.

There's always the manual approach, using Custom Property editor to add a link to the appropriate map on the node details page.
    Once they hit the first map, you could have "Drill-up" links to the next map up in the food chain.

I've added UNC links to Visio diagrams stored on my Shared Network drive on the Node Details page using the Custom Property Editor & a field called Diagrams.

-=Cheers=-
    NG
  • NG,

Have a CPE field called ParentView.
    Added the URL http://{server}/NetPerfMon/view.asp?ViewID={viewid}

This simply comes across as text, not a hyperlink.

Thanks,
    P. B.

• Hi P.B.

Here is how I added links to the URL I have in my "Documentation" property:

Edit the 70-Telnet.resource file in the C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\NetPerfMon\Resources\9-1-Miscellaneous folder.
    Add the following:

If Not( CStr(Node.GetProperty("Documentation")) = "" ) Then

%>
    <tr>
    <td class="Property"><a target="_blank" href="<%=Node.GetProperty("Documentation")%>"><font color="Red"><b>Support Dox for <%=Node.GetProperty("Caption")%></b></font></a></td>
    </tr>
    <%
    End If

This is where I create all my links (I have a Google maps link to find the map of where the node is based on the custom properties):

<tr>

<td class="Property"><a target="_blank" href="")%>">www.maps.google.com/maps, <%=Node.GetProperty("City")%>, <%=Node.GetProperty("Region")%> +Canada">Get Map for this Location</a></td>
    </tr>

You should be able to add the link to the Map or view name you have in your CPE ParentView field, using this method.

-=Cheers=-
    NG
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Network_Guru

I cannot find the "70-Telnet.resource" file in the above mentioned folder, and a subsequent search of the entire drive does not find it either.

Has that file name changed in different versions?