This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Tips on troubleshooting stats collection stoppages?

Thought I'd reach out here as I'm troubleshooting a different case with support & not really feeling confidence inspired there..

Version 12.1. Core & 2 APEs.  This morning we needed to pull some stats for our internet circuits. Logged in only to find that data was missing from around 11:30 last night. Thought maybe a poller issue but no, data missing from all nodes across pollers.  This instance is a fairly new build that's been up about 3 months. All of my 12.1 builds have signifcant flakiness compared to our old 11.x and, I think, even 12.0 stuff.

Didn't find any services stopped and rebooting the box caused data collection to resume. Anyhow, I'm not terribly familiar with the various logs or what to look for and wondering if someone could share your experience with likely candidates when data collection just suddenly stops. It was a real embarrassment as we had a major meeting today and we wanted to check in on bandwidth usage and could not. To that end, I'm also wondering, for the likely causes, how does one monitor against those to ensure if data's not being collected that's an alert? Maybe from another SW instance or ??

Finally, since these are fairly new we watch the resources on all the VMs like a hawk as well as the DPA reports. No kind of contention as most cpu, iops, etc across all are pretty much loafing except for the stacked pollers that run the cpu up to mid capacity..

Thanks so much!