This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds Lackluster Support

Anyone else have some just terrible support experiences with SolarWinds or am I the only one?  Rarely do I actually get an answer to my question or it takes a good week or two to get an answer.   Today I moved SolarWinds to new servers and had an issue with Network Atlas not loading.  After monkeying with Solarwinds support for 1.5 hours and getting nowhere they took diagnostics and would get back to me which is fine.  What I did not realize until after I got off the phone is now my entire Orion site is down and not working.  So spent all day to move the servers and then get on the phone with support and things are now worse...  Anyone else been having this kind of fun with Solarwinds? 

• Hi Dave. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for letting us know of this issue. Would you please send me your case #? I will be sure to escalate this to the support team management.

• Yeah now the maps are all messed up as well. I was going to leave for the day and finish up any clean up tomorrow but hahahahaha.  If I could login to my customer portal I could get you the list of tickets but that's not working for me either.  So the ticket that messed up my migration is #1244452.  I also had a ticket opened yesterday about the SQL move #1243400 that took over 6 hours for someone to respond too. 

• I will be sure this gets respond to quickly. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

• Hi Dave, we heard back from the support team and it sounds like you have a call with them today.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Thanks!

• Yeah. Can you fix support so I don't have to go to a public forum to get actual support?  Over the past 6 months out of the support tickets I have opened with SolarWinds I may have gotten decent support TWICE.  Otherwise it is a few weeks of hemming and hawing and get an answer in 2 weeks. 

• Hi Dave, my name is Miguel and I am one of the managers with the technical support team. 

Please accept our apologies for the poor support experiences you have had, we are very sorry to hear that.  We pride ourselves in providing world-class support to our customers globally, the last thing we want is to hear that you are struggling to get your questions answered or issues resolved, and for that, we apologize.

We will certainly monitor the current case closely to ensure there are no further delays.  In general, please feel free to reach out to TechnicalSupportFeedback@solarwinds.com anytime you are having challenges with support - hopefully not - and that will be routed to all support managers for action and escalation/visibility.

Please accept our apologies again.

Miguel Alvear | Manager, Technical Support

• Yes, I have had poor experiences with the support as well. They actually tell you to use Thwack for the answers. That's great and all but for the $$$ that is charged I would expect full support and not be directed to user forums. I tried to open a ticket and kept getting an error please try later so I called them. This was a system down scenario after an upgrade. I called in for support and after 30 mins of waiting I gave up. I ended up doing a reinstall to fix the issue. To say I was disappoint is an understatement. Needless to say we will be looking for a SW replacement come renewal time!

• tjbrownfield

Thank you for letting us know of this issue. I will be sure to pass this on to ensure you are taken care of. To better assist, what is your case # if you have one?

• Sounds like most of my support with SolarWinds over the past 6 months. The L1 techs are about L.5 techs and really don't know the answers and you get put on hold or it takes a week to get a real answer.  We just got our renewal as well and I am holding off on renewing for now to see if support is going to stay like this or if it will improve.  I had some SQL questions and the tech said "well we really don't support SQL" you will have to either hit up Thwack or talk to a DBA.  REALLY?  That's just a lame excuse for lack of knowledge.  Support the app but not the SQL DB that drives the app?