65 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2019 10:34 AM by ilevene@boingo.com

SolarWinds Lackluster Support

martian monster

Anyone else have some just terrible support experiences with SolarWinds or am I the only one?  Rarely do I actually get an answer to my question or it takes a good week or two to get an answer.   Today I moved SolarWinds to new servers and had an issue with Network Atlas not loading.  After monkeying with Solarwinds support for 1.5 hours and getting nowhere they took diagnostics and would get back to me which is fine.  What I did not realize until after I got off the phone is now my entire Orion site is down and not working.  So spent all day to move the servers and then get on the phone with support and things are now worse...  Anyone else been having this kind of fun with Solarwinds? 

• Re: SolarWinds Lackluster Support
          brett.holzhauer

Hi Dave. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for letting us know of this issue. Would you please send me your case #? I will be sure to escalate this to the support team management.

martian monster

Yeah now the maps are all messed up as well. I was going to leave for the day and finish up any clean up tomorrow but hahahahaha.  If I could login to my customer portal I could get you the list of tickets but that's not working for me either.  So the ticket that messed up my migration is #1244452.  I also had a ticket opened yesterday about the SQL move #1243400 that took over 6 hours for someone to respond too. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                brett.holzhauer

I will be sure this gets respond to quickly. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Wendy Abbott

Hi Dave, we heard back from the support team and it sounds like you have a call with them today.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Thanks!

martian monster

Yeah. Can you fix support so I don't have to go to a public forum to get actual support?  Over the past 6 months out of the support tickets I have opened with SolarWinds I may have gotten decent support TWICE.  Otherwise it is a few weeks of hemming and hawing and get an answer in 2 weeks. 

mgiffin

I have been working with SolarWinds for over 5 years. 90% of the time I had to resolve issues on my own.

dustin.l.campbell

Same experience here as well. It usually takes around two weeks to get a response from them. I am having issues with Network Atlas and after an hour or two on the phone with support the guy couldn't figure it out so he told me "Network Atlas is being overhauled" and to just wait it out. He gave me some strange work around that doesn't really fit my needs. At that point I just wanted off the phone and I knew he wasn't going to find anything helpful so I let him give me the bad advice. I know it's tough for him too having to support such a blatantly flawed product and it's not his fault at all. Multiple times during the call he eluded to the fact that Network Atlas is garbage by saying things like, "yeah, this is typical with Network Atlas" and "Network Atlas always has issues" and even "Just wait until the new replacement for Atlas comes out." I'm just never going to recommend Solarwinds products at this point. Support is lousy, documentation for things is oddly vague, every product is a separate "module" or add on, and you have to research how to do almost anything new. When you're trying to staple multiple products together you end up with an overall clunky, cumbersome experience for the users.

I've had PRTG at a previous company and loved it. Don't know how to do something? Right click and you'll probably find the menu for it. If not, documentation is very thorough and support is fantastic. Plus, all features are included in the price of the product with no extra modules, the interface is more intuitive, less performance issues, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, my current company is too invested in Solarwinds right now so I probably won't be able to change their minds. I do plan on building a PRTG server just for my data centers and using it as my primary monitoring system. They offer 1000 sensors for free! The branch support guys will just have to deal with Solarwinds, unfortunately.  

jimwatgt

Don't complain about support too much. I did and lost my access to the Customer Portal yesterday.

I had to call in and have my userid deleted and re-added.

Just kidding, I'm sure it was just a coincidence......

miguelalvear

Hi Dave, my name is Miguel and I am one of the managers with the technical support team. 

Please accept our apologies for the poor support experiences you have had, we are very sorry to hear that.  We pride ourselves in providing world-class support to our customers globally, the last thing we want is to hear that you are struggling to get your questions answered or issues resolved, and for that, we apologize.

We will certainly monitor the current case closely to ensure there are no further delays.  In general, please feel free to reach out to TechnicalSupportFeedback@solarwinds.com anytime you are having challenges with support - hopefully not - and that will be routed to all support managers for action and escalation/visibility.

Please accept our apologies again.

Miguel Alvear | Manager, Technical Support

1 of 3 people found this helpful
                              bmallon

Thanks Miguel. How about posting your email address out there so folks with lingering / unsolved issues can contact you directly. People like myself with a ticket that has been open for 6 months.

That way you can help fix the issue, or escalate the issue to the appropriate people. It would also give you the added benefit of seeing some of the pain your customers are feeling. Ultimately, if you are doing YOUR job correctly, you should see very little emails coming from customers.

Challenge accepted?

bmallon

Sooo... I did as suggested above in the "Correct Answer" provided. I sent an email to TechnicalSupportFeedback@solarwinds.com and requested assistance. It's now been 18 days since that email and... nothing. I'm still in the dark with the status of my ticket.

Shouldn't tech support management get involved in (or at least want updates on) tickets that have been open for more than 6 months?

I feel like my point, and the point of this discussion is being proven before everyone's eyes.

rschroeder

Please forgive me for re-pasting something from two days ago, but it seems timely and pertinent:

To minimize my SW Support Call stress, I follow the this process:

1. Research the application's Manual and look for the answer myself.  If the problem has anything to do with configuring SW products, or understanding how to use them, the answer is probably right in the documentation, so I RTFM.
                                      2. Go to Thwack and click on the Magnifying Glass and search for the problem and its answers there.
                                      3. Post a question to the appropriate section in Thwack, describing the issue completely, and including info about my unique network deployment and needs.  Many times I get a helpful response within the day--sometimes within the hour!
                                      4. If these resources come up short, then I go the Poller in question and run the Diagnostics Wizard.  It takes a while to complete, and if I have more than one APE, I get all of them generating Diagnostics.  While they're doing this, I:
                                      5. Open a Support Case online with Solarwinds.  I provide all the data, all my concerns, screen shots, errors, descriptions of my SW modules' versions, etc.
                                      6. By the time I've completed the online case building, it's likely my APE's have completed their diagnostics generation.  Using the online Case Ticket ID, I then go to each poller and upload the diagnostics to Solarwinds, referencing the Ticket ID.
                                      7. Then--and ONLY then--do I call Support.  And I only call Support if there's a pretty dire or annoying situation that I haven't been able to remediate by researching the online product manuals or Thwack.
                                      8. Once Support is on the line, I read them off the Case ID I built previously.  All the screen shots and diagnostics are already uploaded, they're pleased and surprised at having everything they need to start working immediately on understanding the issue.  They assign the ticket to a Tech who will e-mail/call me when they've become familiar with the issue.
                                      9. I open RDP sessions open to my APE's, start up the SW Management Console interface, and join the WebEx and let the SW Tech remotely manage my PC.

It's the most efficient use of my time--particularly when I know that Support can take a long time to pick up the phone.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                    thephoneguy99

Good morning. I wanted to chime in as I sit waiting for technical support to answer my call. I am one of the unlucky people who's original services have been bought out by Solarwinds. I was with GFI (logicNow) and when I had an issue with mailflow (hugely critical) I could have a live person who had knowledge on the phone in minutes. Now with Solarwinds, it feels like I have a little family working out of their basement. No call to support has been answered in months. I get sporadic emails. No real answers. I have to get someone from sales involved, then he gets someone to call me. Last person was in my system for over an hour and could not make things go. I am being forced onto the new mail assure platform and yet no one is really available to assist. Am I to believe that all Solarwinds acquisitions will be the same? I have had 3 resale products now go Solarwinds and all 3 have been poor transitions. This morning I have called sales, and no one. Support. No one. How many people work their? 6? Its 9am PST!!! 

Wendy Abbott

Hi Shayne, apologies for the frustration this morning, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to our support managers with your details. Do you have a support case # created yet?

thephoneguy99

The whole migration process has been a masterclass in what NOT to do and how NOT to support the customers. I just got off the phone with support, and seems yet another promise made by sales has died: "Of course your customers will get spam reports like the old system, wont be a problem" . Guess what? Its a problem. LDAP sync with your customer servers to keep aliases and users up to date? " Yes, our system supports that" I have now discovered this is not yet functional.  My main rant is this was supposed to be a rather simple migration and I get the impression support is learning it at the same rate I am. I have wasted days now trying to get it right. The guide provided has some large holes and assumes everything ported over correctly with the migration button. It did not. So I have wasted time, looked like a fool to my customers and interrupted mailflow TWICE. Right now I am just going to wait for the dust to settle and decide how I move forward. Kind of exhausted. I know there are good people involved. And they are trying to help me. Steve and Brain, your help is appreciated. I just feel like this was ill planned, and if the cutover deadline is upon us now, this is when I finally got some support.

martian monster

Oh yeah the sales people - It is a joke a well.  They only respond when you want to purchase something.  It would be interesting to see what kind of mess is happening internally with Solarwinds because from the outside it looks like a big mess.

rschroeder

I suspect there are different types of sales people, some more helpful and useful and responsive than others.  My SE responds quickly--within a few hours--anytime I reach out to him via e-mail, or if I mention him in Thwack.  He has pricing information, of course, but he also has a "real" SW engineer sitting across from him, and technical questions I pose are frequently followed up quickly with a telephone call to me, and I can hear him talking to the engineer in the adjacent cube about my questions or concerns.

Yes, I've had irritating SW sales people in the past.  My current SE is pretty helpful, and honest about this ability to support me when I ask technical questions.  And quick to get me in touch with the right resource for my current needs.

scott.tietjen, this is about you.  Thanks for what you do for me and my company.

jitsfix

Yes, I have had poor experiences with the support as well. They actually tell you to use Thwack for the answers. That's great and all but for the $$$ that is charged I would expect full support and not be directed to user forums. I tried to open a ticket and kept getting an error please try later so I called them. This was a system down scenario after an upgrade. I called in for support and after 30 mins of waiting I gave up. I ended up doing a reinstall to fix the issue. To say I was disappoint is an understatement. Needless to say we will be looking for a SW replacement come renewal time!

4 of 4 people found this helpful
                                                brett.holzhauer

tjbrownfield

Thank you for letting us know of this issue. I will be sure to pass this on to ensure you are taken care of. To better assist, what is your case # if you have one?

martian monster

Sounds like most of my support with SolarWinds over the past 6 months. The L1 techs are about L.5 techs and really don't know the answers and you get put on hold or it takes a week to get a real answer.  We just got our renewal as well and I am holding off on renewing for now to see if support is going to stay like this or if it will improve.  I had some SQL questions and the tech said "well we really don't support SQL" you will have to either hit up Thwack or talk to a DBA.  REALLY?  That's just a lame excuse for lack of knowledge.  Support the app but not the SQL DB that drives the app? 

mgiffin

CASE: 1307593

I have a new SolarWinds deployment that is suffering from a crashes almost every other day. I have been waiting for support for hours to analyze logs and provide a solution. So far, three solutions have been implemented with a "wait and see if that works" conclusion. You can imagine how that helps you sleep at night. The solutions included, applying hot-fixes, increasing win-socket buffer sizes, adding database servers into the host file. When asking how those items might fix the problem, the technicians respond with an answer stating that its simply the go to fixes they deploy without knowing how or what those items do to fix the problems. After applying the win-socket buffer size the technician actually closed the case right away. I immediately re-opened the case to ask for more details about the issue. As I wait and wonder what is taking so long, I check back a while later. The technician closed the ticket stating the details were passed on when the win-socket buffer size was increased. Still waiting for the details for that fix that did not work.

A reboot brings the application back up, but then the countdown begins.  And if it is currently up, SolarWinds support will not attempt to fix the system before the next crash. The most I could get was a scheduled appointment the next day. Unfortunately for me, that is most likely when the next crash will occur. There is no sense of urgency or need to resolve issues before they impact your business.

martian monster

I have stopped opening tickets online altogether because you usually don't get any kind of support on them or if you do its a day later from some guy on the other side of the globe that does not even work the hours you are working.  My list of things that either SolarWinds support made WORSE or has absolutely no clue how to fix.

1. Network Atlas - it no longer works with any domain credentials only the local admin user.  I have had this case open for a month and still they have no clue.

2. I was having a licensing issue so now every day when I open SolarWinds I get SAM maintenance due warning - and again no one has any idea how to fix.

3. I updated my SolarWinds suite and received a weird HTML error.  I opened a ticket on this last week.  Heard something from someone that they were going to contact me on Friday and they never did.

At this point I am holding off on my renewal and looking at other options.  For the amount of money we drop PER YEAR for support we should have not have to 'FIGURE IT OUT' with support.  Hell the only decent support I have got is with DPA but they purchased that product so they probably had to take the decent techs with them.   We have been doing some testing with PRTG Network Monitor to see if we can utilize it as a SolarWinds replacement.  Might be too tight on time this year but we also have next year....

rschroeder

Perhaps this philosophy will help:

• If you have a query about how or why something works or doesn't work, or if you have a low-priority issue that you don't mind working on over the next two or three weeks, it seems opening a support ticket online is the way to go.

• If your issue is serious, a major outage, a good strategy may be to start your ticket online prior to calling.  But once it's created, and you've filled in all the details, run the Solarwinds Diagnostic Wizard, and uploaded the Diagnostics to the case online, definitely call the Support telephone number.  Yes, you might spend ten or twenty minutes on hold.  But when you do get through, you'll have a Case ID to share, and all the diagnostics are already attached to the case & uploaded, all your screen shots & descriptions are there for Support to review.

This has been my strategy over the last thirteen years and it's worked pretty consistently, and pretty well.

Yes, there seems to be a huge incentive for Solarwinds first level support staff to close tickets as fast as possible once they've interacted with the customer.  I just re-open them if I don't have the information or results I need.  It's a bit of an unnecessary task--even Cisco leaves a case open for 24 hours or more at request, just in case there are follow-up questions.  And I ALWAYS have more questions.

See if this philosophy works for you.

1 of 3 people found this helpful
                                                        wfordham

I have a ticket that has been open for at least 6 weeks with no sign of a resolution...  With their latest suggestion, the entire system is down due to poor instructions.  I have now been waiting on hold for over 45 minutes, just listening to the same hold music...

martian monster

Wow.  I thought I had it bad.  I am starting to train some of my team members on SolarWinds and one asked why we have SAM maintenance due in Orion when he logs in.  I told them its a new feature of SolarWinds - support could not figure it out so hopefully in the next update it will clear it out.  We all had a good laugh.  During team training for SolarWinds I referred them all to THWACK since you really can't rely on SolarwWinds for tech support.

rschroeder

I must confess that after upgrading to NPM 12.2, and adding one more APE along with UDT, IPAM, and VNQM, I've opened many cases with Support.  With patience, I make progress on each.  But it's not as fast as I'd like.  Nor do the technicians completely address all facets of a given problem in one sitting.

I've uploaded lots of diagnostics, and participated in quite a few WebExes, seen some operations that just seem unreasonable to me (C drives filling up, file deletion, engines uninstalled and reinstalled, etc.), but typically things work better afterwards.

I always ask whether I'm doing something incorrect during sizing or installation or upgrades or operations, and I ask what can be done to prevent the issues from reoccurring.  The progress on that front isn't always satisfactory.

But, little by little, things are getting better.

Still, it shouldn't take three months of my time to get an upgraded product working as well as it did pre-upgrade.

martian monster

Any of your issues with the 'The New Manage Entities Page'?  Anytime I go to try open it, it will open but will toss a SQL error.  SolarWinds could not figure it out and my final response to them was my environment is not a test bed to figure out the issue.  So I closed the ticket and will wait to see if the next update will fix it. 

bmallon

I opened a case back in September for the Advanced ASA monitoring. It's now March and I have ZERO results to show for it. Going on 6 months now for a feature that should work. Each time I call in, I need to upload more diagnostics, then nothing. I keep trying to be patient, but when management wants to see this feature in action, they don't care to wait.

In my experience of more than 20+ years working IT, issues with overall support like this demand new management as a start. I believe SolarWinds needs to have a top down look at what is going on with their tech support because it's going to cost them customers.

I'm rooting for you SolarWinds, but patience only goes so far. When it start affecting how I look doing my job, then my loyalty and patience go out the door.

Spincoach

Support is not lackluster.. it is horrible.. average phone wait times 30 minutes to over an hour. Over the last year this support has gotten so bad that we need to find another solution.  It has been unacceptable for almost a year now..Apologies don't work anymore.. Solarwinds has gotten too big.. now they do not care about customer service.

rschroeder

DanielleH and scott.tietjen, your thoughts might be useful here for Spincoach and martian monster.

ferrari88

My experience exactly! I currently have a case I entered online 5 days ago and it's still sitting at Not Started. Called in to get an update and currently been on hold for 35 minutes waiting for someone to answer my call! LOL It just said I'm approaching the wait limit of one hour for this queue suggested I use the online portal to place a ticket! Unreal. This is just ridiculous, I'm sending an email to Technical Support Feedback. One time I called to get an update on my case last year to get an update on my case, waited an hour and gave up. Got a call back from my assigned tech later apologizing the ENTIRE support team was in a company meeting. What??!!! You pull away your entire support team with no one to answer calls. If this was an emergency situation I would be out of luck. Not happy at all with support SolarWinds!

bmallon

Yeah, I totally agree. I've had a case open now since mid September of last year with still no results. (Yes, that's 6 MONTHS now)

SolarWinds' tech support is by far their weakest link. Our company is actually looking to possibly REPLACE SolarWinds because of all the issues we've experienced with tech support. Honestly, it's a great product, but there are lots of things that we need help on, and 6 months on an issue with zero results just doesn't cut it. Hopefully SolarWinds can get some new management for tech support or something because support is dragging the whole company down.

Personally, I think that their tech support should have to go through all the THWACK questions periodically (every 6 months, maybe once a year) and ANSWER all the outstanding questions. This would give them all a chance to test themselves on how well they know the product, and a chance to learn more about it. I believe in letting the community take up some slack for tech support, but ultimately, I see questions on THWACK as the responsibility for SolarWinds' tech support to answer. Period.

It's sad that I find questions asked 8 years ago still listed here in THWACK. That's not helpful to see I have the same question someone asked years ago with no solution. Really?

bmallon

Let's BUMP this one to get this wart some fresh air.

dmartzall

This is just a thought about the delay in reaching a person when calling support.  One feature I have encountered in my years in IT that drastically changed my opinion of a company support model, is Microsoft added a call-back feature when you call support.  This went a great way to reduce my frustration while waiting to talk to someone about the issue.  Basically, they had a workflow in their call-queue that if the wait time was expected to be more than a few minutes you were prompted with the option to call you when a tech becomes available.  This meant I was able to work on other things and not tie up my phone line while I waited.  I got the phone call within an hour.  It worked pretty well and now I don't dread calling their support team.

wardog

I've been a SolarWinds user for 14 years or so and the support has definitely gone downhill.  Tickets just sit there and not until I ask our Sales team do they get picked up.  Then its someone that does basic troubleshooting and then requests diagnostics.  I remember the day of calling and getting someone that could resolve any issues we had.

Large yearly support costs and can't get lab licenses (side rant).

bobmarley

I have been using Solarwinds products since 2003 and support has always been pretty good.

ma33709

I too have had horrible experience with support. Where I call in and for 3 hrs , was waiting ON HOLD! (No one picks up).

I have yet to call in and not wait for hours to eventually place my name & call back number in cue, that was 4 weeks ago, and do not have a call back yet.

Co worker had the same experience  . So customers perspective is ' Solarwinds call back is a farce' .

I had finally got a case # and the tech went on vacation  for a WEEK . when he came back I finally got him to schedule a remote in  (I had another coworker work with him) he ran some setup and The solarwinds tech "had to cut the call short because he had another call scheduled and this was taking too long" and he left the product unfunctional.  Now he is off for another week.. (these techs have fire mans' hours.. on one week off one week) .  I have yet to get the product to meet PCI compliancy. The Newest product downloaded from Solarwinds does not support any protocol newer then TLS1.0 !!!!!!!! (Which should have gone away LAST YEAR) and will go away in 2 months. So for those us disabling TLS1.0 conforming to IETF , and PCI compliancy , will find this product unable to monitor our equipment. So you would think this would have a top priority for a "WORLD CLASS support team" so I believe they are serious understaffed and undermanned . Summary it took 3 weeks to get a tech for 30 minutes, who did not get the job done, hung up with the server not working , (We did a restore no biggie) ,  

rbvann

Just figured I would add my experience to the list.  I try to troubleshoot and exhaust all knowledge base resources before opening technical support cases with any vendor.  My experience with SolarWinds support has not been stellar to say the least.

I currently have another case open that is holding up the entire deployment.  I worked with support who brought in a senior engineer, they were unable to make progress and we agreed as his shift was ending we could take up the issue the next day.  Following the call i continued to research the issue and realized it was caused by a misconfiguration done by another solarwinds engineer as part of our SmartStart agreement.  I made progress on the immediate problem, but now I have lingering errors that are preventing us from fully deploying NTA and i updated the case with all the details of what I found and what i had done to resolve the first errors.  It has been more than a week since I was promised a return call, the SmartStart engineer and his manager have both requested escalation but not one update has been made to the case by support.  I have also requested escalation online, and I'm now waiting on hold for an hour with no one picking up.  I'm actually contemplating opening a critical severity ticket referencing the first ticket to maybe get someone's attention.

I left a message for the sales rep and he hasn't called me back either.

Also, in the past few days, I opened one ticket with all the details and screenshots showing there was a problem with SAM because our SmartStart engineer tried to resolve it and couldn't figure out what was going on.  And the response I got was a reply that said "it looks like it's working, do you have an example from another system that's not working?", even though the screenshot clearly showed an error.  I spent the next 5 hours digging through articles and found an obscure post from another user on an unrelated issue that gave me an idea as to what was happening.  I fixed the problem and then posted the details of the bug in the module along with a suggestion to prevent it from happening again.  I'm sure other users have experienced the same problem and just turned the component monitor off.  the response I got was "thanks for the clear explanation", nothing to indicate the bug would be reported to the developers.

For the record, the case number is:  00076322

smoked_angus

Do you have a sales engineer? I have to call him about 30% of the time to gain any traction…

jimwatgt

That didn't help us. We just got apologies and promises to escalate the case.

Still nothing being done as far as we can tell.

The sad thing is there is nothing happening that SW couldn't see if they

monitor their own support services. Callers on hold for hours, tickets with

no response in days/weeks...

rbvann

I just want to give a quick update on this post.  I wrote my first post at the height of my frustration and while I was waiting for more than an hour with support.  But eventually, someone did pick up, a very knowledgeable support engineer by the name of "Marc Fobair". 

Marc was extremely helpful.  The notes on the case by the original engineer were very brief and led to confusion as to what were the next steps and who would be handling them.  However, after explaining the issue to Marc, he immediately spoke to his manager and asked if I had 15 minutes to work with him to gather some configuration information.  The 15 minutes turned into 4.5 hours during which time he went through the entire configuration and working with a colleague located the root cause of the issue.  He also validated some other questionable items from the configuration and opened a new ticket to be sure it was tracked to resolution.

The next day he called me to be sure everything was still working, and then followed up with an email later in the day with additional answers from the new ticket.  He also told me that my post on Thwack received a lot of internal attention with management.  The sales account manager (Joshua Faucher) also called me the following day and promised that if this ever happens again, I can reach out to him and he will push for escalation from the sales side.

So I would first like to say "THANK YOU" to Marc Fobair!

Also, I would encourage anyone having support issues to be persistent and make sure you post all the gory details of unresolved problems here in the forum.  And as an earlier user stated, put as many details in the case when you open it and make sure you read any notes placed on the ticket by the support engineer for completeness and accuracy.

The current state of SolarWinds' support organization is placing an undue burden of managing cases on the end users, but until they improve their support to match the quality of the product I think we just have to be persistent and vocal.

As for the actual problem, it turned out to be a permissions issue on the SolarWinds folders, which apparently can manifest itself in many strange ways.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                                                            thephoneguy99

In the end I have jumped ship and left Mail Assure behind. Gone are my headaches, customer complaints and lost time. I did get a reply from the one guy who said he's going to escalate to management when I said I need a solution or I am leaving, and no one ever got back to me. I feel sadness for those getting the shaft on the mail migration. All I can say from my own experience is now that I have moved on, my calls to support (now only for clarification) are answered, and my emails have thoughtful responses that are related to my questions. I mourn the loss of GFI and their actual support team. So if any Solarwinds management are seeing this, your customers are fleeing in numbers (according to the vendors I am speaking to) and the remaining products I have under the Solarwinds umbrella are now under review. Support (as well as functionality) is a core part of the product. And there are others ready to take on our business.

rschroeder

Yesterday, April 9, 2018, Solarwinds'  Customer Engagement Manager Jessica Ikard called me to talk about my satisfaction with their products, licenses, platforms, and processes.  We talked for nearly thirty minutes, she asked many questions, I gave her the straight info and pulled no punches.

I see good things coming from SW Management spending resources like this, reaching out to customers and asking what works well and what does not.

martian monster

I received an email from Corby Hoggan that our account holds 'Strategic Account Status' and we are granted a 'dedicated point of contact to ensure you have everything needed to successfully and seamlessly monitor your environment'.  I received one of these before but I think I scared off the sales person.  I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow hopefully they are going to be making some changes.   - Dave

martian monster

Just got off a call with my sales person and customer engagement manager and it sounds like SolarWinds is addressing the support concerns and turning things around. 

martian monster

Good to see the phone call was just something to make you feel good.  Support has not changed a bit. I am having an issue with AppInsights for IIS where it won't install I opened a ticket and the person that finally grabbed it the next day sent me the same links I tried the day before.  And If I am told to upload diagnostics one more time.......

dmartzall

Is it the agent install that's failing for you or specifically the AppInsights piece?  I have run into issues installing the agent manually with this release, but when I deploy it from the browser it has worked.  If you have the agent installed, does it show AppInsight Applications at the top of the "List Resources" page?  You can find it on the node summary page for the device here:

jglowacki

Terrible support.I have had 2 tickets opened for 1.5 days. One is high priority and neither have even been "started" in the customer portal yet. I called their live support number and sat on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up.

jeepdriver

Yes, I submitted several tickets - have not heard back on either.  One was regarding the LEM - which will not allow me to perform reporting after the upgrade.  When I submitted the ticket the site took me to suggestions (most of which were not applicable) and the solution suggested didn't work.  So, I am still waiting for any response to the ticket I created.  It appears to have gotten worse.  I think the only reason to keep support is to be able to keep current.  However, when an upgrade breaks functionality, I have to question the concept of paying for support.  Perhaps there should be a tiered approach, like #1 if you are willing to wait several weeks, #2 if you need a response within a work week #3 - you need support within a 24 hour period.  Then have the support cost reflect this so that you know how long it is acceptable to wait for a reply.

ilevene@boingo.com

All I see here are a bunch of apologies.  I agree with the complaints here, Solarwinds is almost completely sales focused, and has horrible support.