This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 12.2 Offline Installer - Requires Internet Connection

I am not sure why, but I downloaded the AIO Offline installer and it would not run until I gave my server internet access.  Can someone explain this to me?

How are these things not identified during the Beta and RC runs?  When an upgrade becomes GA, the only problems that should exist should be related to customization.

• Hi Jonathan,

We've done extensive testing, and run several dev assisted upgrades. The offline installer absolutely runs without internet connection. I suspect you're running into something else.

Are you interested in participating in our dev assisted upgrade program, where we could join you on a call and see your upgrade?

Otherwise, I would love to get a set of diagnostics from you. Let me know your preference, and I'm happy to give you a call and get you set up.

• I would be available to run through this with a developer.  How would you like to schedule this?

• serena There seems to be other issues with the Offline Installers.  In my case the Offline Installer for SAM 6.4 HF1 is also forcing me to install NPM 12.2.  Should the SAM Offline installer even KNOW about NPM 12.2?  I have opened a case tonight because it caused me to have to cancel my SAM 6.4 upgrade since I was not approved to upgrade to NPM 12.2.

• I'll DM in a moment with details

• Hello Alex,

This is not a bug, this is by design. If you participated in our release candidate, you'll notice a blog post detailing some of the changes Release Candidate Upgrade Experience We noticed that most of our users by upgrading their environment piecemeal, were actually running into compatibility long term issues and thus having to open more support cases for help on upgrade. The new installer takes the guesswork out and upgrades your Orion environment as a whole, as it is an Orion platform solution. That way, you're always on the latest hotfix, patch, release and will always have the security patches needed. In addition, this cuts down the upgrade time significantly (by hours for some customers) because there is no need to run multiple installers.

• I also see an issue with offline installer for NPM 12.2. Its routing to a page and stating 'Page not is available'.

• this is what i get when i click on offline installer:

pastedImage_0.png

• Just a heads up it installs the latest dot net version and requires a reboot, cant see this in the release notes.

I also have an issue as i cant install as it thinks my SRM is not licensed but actually it is till November. logged a ticket for this #1243812

I like the idea of combining it but mine also states it cant update some and i will have to do it after the install. Either go all in or dont emoticons_happy.png

Incompatible with VMAN
    DISCOVERED: 19/09/2017 08:54:47
    DESCRIPTION: The VIM upgrade is not compatible with the currently installed VMAN appliance.
    RESOLUTION: After VIM installation completes, upgrade the VMAN appliance. For details, see the VMAN Upgrade Guide.
    KNOWLEDGE BASE: http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/kbloader.aspx?kb=MT68045

NTA Flow Storage Database Upgrade
    DISCOVERED: 19/09/2017 08:54:47
    DESCRIPTION: The Fastbit server for NTA is installed remotely.
    RESOLUTION: After the upgrade of NTA, the Fastbit server will need to be upgraded manually. Refer to the NTA Administrator's Guide for more details.

• Thanks! would you be willing to send me diagnostics?

• We'll be sure to update the release notes with a warning about the reboot. Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at your support ticket.  based off of the preflight checks that you copied, it looks like you have VMAN, and it's integrated. Are you planning on cutting polling over to the Orion platform? Also the NTA preflight check is just a reminder that the NTA db upgrade is a separate flow.