This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds products support for SNMPv3 - SHA2, SHA3

Hello,

When will SolarWinds products support SHA2, SHA3?

Regards

• There are alot of products out there that need to adhere to Government standard with SNMP.  SHA1, and 2 are not available on some of these devices.  I am having to tell my management that SolarWinds cannot monitor these devices, and we will need to buy another tool to do this for these types of devices.  When tools cost 100 to 500 thousand each, we are unable to have redundant tools.  If SolarWinds cant do this I am afraid my management is going to force my hand to move to another tool.  There is already a bad taste in my management mouth from the security breach.  Really do not want to give them any more ammo.  Really need a timeline on this sooner rather than later.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I would like an answer to this as well please.   We are no longer compliant when using SHA1, so moving to another platform will be in our very near future if we can't get NPM with SHA2   (SHA-256).