5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2017 11:02 PM by dodster

HTTP PUT

dodster

Has anyone tried to automate placing files to MFT via HTTP put command

What was the experience, was it succesfull?

Better to enable SFTP

any advice appreciated

Ta

• Re: HTTP PUT
          gnoonan

I have some users of my MFT server doing this by using Curl and HTTP.  But you've answered your question yourself, SFTP scripted is the way to go and using something like WinSCP works a treat.  If you're looking to apply any logic to your transmissions then go deeper with the .Net integration that WinSCP has.  If it is just simple transfer and their scripting engine will get you up and running within the hour.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dodster

Thanks for the Advice, this is exactly what my client wants to do, they too are using CURL

Did you need to enable HTTP PUT on the Serv-U server?, when they test this they seem to get a 501 Not implemented error.

I should add that my client hits HTTPS site (Load Balancer) where the SSL is terninated which then passes the MFT traffic to the sever

which is configured with HTTP protocol. So Im guessing the Load balance may not know how to deal with the requests.

trying to see if we can do this without setting up another protocol as this will cost my business $$ to implement due to security\SSL requirements.

Thanks

gnoonan

Have you got a HTTP and/or HTTPS listener turned on at the Domain Level under "Domain Details -> Listener"?  This will be required for your MFT to respond to HTTP and HTTPS.  You're also not going to get external IP information in your logs unless your Load Balancer is forwarding X-Forward-For (XFF) headers and you have this option set to "Yes" in the "Limits and Settings (Connection)" tab at the Domain Level.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      dodster

Hi

To answer your question, I currently have 3 MFT domains on the sever and they all share the HTTP listener protocol

The first domain has the listener, the other domains share the listener by way of virtual host configuration

So the MFT domain my client is looking to connect with their CURL script doent have a listner in the configuration for the MFT domain

I dont have HTTPS set up on any of the MFT domains at this stage but may experiment with this

I may also look into what you suggest for X-Forward

Did you need to enable HTTP Put on the server, I ask as my client is getting a  response "HTTP/1.0 501 not implemented"

I asked Support if they have a recommended method or protocol to allow access to upload files via automation \ enabling Http PUT

and their response was "Accessing Serv-U in the way your client intended was not designed"

Which is a little at odds of what you seem to have working

Thanks