4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 3:13 PM by Jfrazier

SNMP v3

gene1961

In NCM, SNMP v3 is requiring a username and password whereas SNMP v2 did not.  Does anyone know of workaround to this?  The config tests OK under Polling Method but not under Connection Profile.  The device passwords dynamically change so I can't enter one for the profile.

• Re: SNMP v3
          Jfrazier

use snmpv2 then...

or set up a non-changing id/password specifically for SNMPv3 that is non-expiring....there should be provisions for that at the SNMP agent config.  It likely should not be an AD account.

roelb

If it does test ok in Polling method but it doesn't in Connection profile its probably your SSH credentials that are wrong, not your SNMP.

gene1961

Yes it is SSH credentials but I don't understand why those are even required.  They aren't part of the connection profile for SNMP v2 and shouldn't be needed for v3 either.  As I said, we use dynamic SSH credentials that change every 60 seconds so the suggested workarounds will not work.  Solarwinds did not respond to my support ticket on this, they just closed it after an hour and marked it resolved.