This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to Remove IT Manager from Ticket Auto-Assign Queue

Greetings,

I thought I followed the correct settings when configuring my WHD account (apparently not), but I still receive tickets assigned to me (users currently cannot pick and choose when creating ticket). The questions I have are:

1. How to configure it correctly so that new tickets will not auto-assign to the IT manager?

2. When I create new ticket on the client's behalf, is it possible to pick the technician to assign the ticket to?

Thank You,

• I am not sure this is totally available the description for tech group managers includes this statement. "If auto assignment is enabled but no Techs in the group are available, the Group Manager automatically receives new Tickets until a Tech becomes available." So it looks like if its off hours where no one else has the time on their schedule it will use the manager. I don't see an option do disable..

• Thank you again, Typhoon.

How do we define whether a technician is available or not? For example, tickets were submitted and delivered to the manager's queue in the middle of the day, and the technician was available then (and logged into the system).

Regards,

• In each techs profile there is a section for working hours. you can set hours and days of week. I would guess it uses that to figure out if a tech is available. There is also a check box for "on vacation" that would also be taken into consideration. If its within the techs working hours but "on vacation" is checked they would be unavailable.

• Good Morning Typhoon,

I though so, and those options were configured (typical Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, and not on vacation, etc.).

This is strange but I am sure we will get to it soon or later.

Thank You Again,

• FYI, I also removed the manager as the technician's back up tech, to no avail.