2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 12:19 PM by clayghost

Offline Self-Help Capabilites

clayghost

Hi all,

I am new here and am currently reviewing if Solarwinds SAM and NPM  suites our usage .

Would like to check if anyone know if Solarwinds SAM and NPM have any offline self-help capabilities built in?

Some examples will be a offline help tools/ troubleshooting tips with index search.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

• Re: Offline Self-Help Capabilites
          nathan.hejnicki

I personally have found the admin guide PDFs to be indispensable for a decent amount of issues in the past. However, most of the "good info" for SolarWinds comes from Thwack and the occasionally well-worded Google query.

Unless you were more referring to a knowledge base for those who would use the app- in that case, as individual monitors and alerts, you can use the combination of built-in monitor descriptions and Custom Properties for things like directing users as to what to do when they see an alert for this Node or Component/Application (whom to call, what to try restarting, etc).

Sorry, the question was just a bit on the ambiguous side so I figured I'd answer it both ways that I read it.

Nathan Hejnicki

Loop1 Systems

1 of 1 people found this helpful