This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Asset creation

Hi Guys, I am new in Web Help Desk and I need to know how to add, a model number as it is needed when you create a new asset.

Also can someone give me a brief breakdown of the relationship between clients, tickets and assets.

thanks

Peter

• Dear Peter,

To add a new model in assets we do the following:

• Go into setup
    • Assets
    • Manufacturers & Models
    • If there is no manufacturer for this model we add the name
    • Click on manufacturer name
    • Click on tap Model Editor
    • Add new model

If this is done you can use the new model under Assets (new)

The way I understood the relationship between "Clients", "Assets" and "Tickets" is:

Clients (users) can have assets assigned to them (the Pc they use). If a client opens a ticket, the asset that caused the incident (or for the request it was raised for) will be assigned to the ticket. This makes sense, because a client could have various assets assigned to them (PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, software packages...).

Doing this, it is easy to see in WHD who is the user, what asset he/she is referring to in this case and what is the problem.

Regards,

Eberhard