This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trying to receive S-Flow data from an F5 self IP

Hi Thwackers,

We have an F5 load balancer that we're monitoring in Orion NPM. We added it using it's management interface IP address as the polling IP.

We'd now like to configure the F5 to send S-Flow data to Orion NTA. Apparently, the F5 can only send S-Flow data from one of its 'self-IP' interface IP addresses (not the management interface IP address). From what I've read in the NTA documentation, it sounds like Orion needs to have the node added to NPM first, and then you can start receiving S-Flow data from that same IP address. In our case though, these two IP addresses are different.

I see two options:

1) Edit the node in Orion NPM to change the polling address from being the management IP address to the self-IP address

2) Create an additional node in Orion NPM, using the self-IP of the F5 and give it a different name e.g. "F5-LB-Self-IP"

I am new to NTA and F5, so am wondering if anyone in the community has been in this situation before and has any experience or tips/advice?

Thanks,

ollydrew