This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I migrate my DPA 11 repository from an Oracle database to a MySQL database

We are trying to do some migration off of Oracle on to MySQL for our internal systems and would like to use this as our first.  Is there a built in method to do this or do I need to code my own migration via inserts, etc.

Thanks -- Jeff

• Jeff, it's more than just inserts, it would be the schema creation (DDL). This isn't something we support. If you are using it as a test bed to work out scripting Oracle to MySQL migrations in general, that's great!

Otherwise, we normally recommend standing up another DPA instance using MySQL for the repo, register all of the monitored instances again, then when you are ready move the licenses over and start monitoring from the new implementation.

You will still be able to view the data from the DPA with the Oracle repo for lookback purposes and soon your new install will have a nice amount of history.

Sorry there wasn't something more slick I could point you to...

• If the question was about automatic solutions, of course there are some, especially  in 2021 - for example Ispirer MnMTK for Oracle to MySQL. Can be tried for free. Just to learn more about the option Migrate Oracle to MySQL - Ispirer