This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Put the pair in a group and set the group to show best case status.
Group StatusAlert : All Group members status is Down
This article lists the steps necessary to create an alert to trigger only when all members of a Group status is Down.
NPM 11.5 and later
- Login to the Orion Web Console.
- Check the Status Rollup Mode Properties of the Group set to Show Best Status.
- Refer to the Group: Set a rollup type article.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Manage Alerts, then Add New Alert.
- Refer to the screenshot for the trigger condition:
- Set your Trigger Actions (i.e Email).
- Save your changes and test accordingly.
creating groups work for alerts/alerting..however the individual interfaces still show down.. I've seen in other NMS where you can bond/pair interfaces into a working/protect group and it doesn't show the secondary as failed if primary is active