1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 8:06 AM by silverbacksays

How to identify and enable trunk ports for already added nodes(switches) by easy method, like bulk update.

chandd

we have 600+ switches in our environment we want to cross check if all the trunk ports are added under monitoring. Is there any easy way to identify the trunk ports and enable it?

I know it can be done by bulk discovery.  But all these nodes are already added, so Is there any other way to identify trunk port?

• Re: How to identify and enable trunk ports for already added nodes(switches) by easy method, like bulk update.
          silverbacksays

Hey chandd. This thread is a little old, so I hope you already have a working solution to this, but if not, the easiest way would be to run a discovery against all your network hardware, using a scheduled discovery in Discovery Central.

When you get to the 'Monitoring Settings' part, as long as you are running NPM 12.0+, you can set the discovery to automatically monitor trunk ports. If you schedule this discovery to run semi-regularly, this will capture any new links you add it, should you expand your switching infrastructure.

Let me know if you need any further information on this process, and I'd be happy to assist.