This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

3rd party patching replication

Hi folks,

New to the wonderful world of SolarWinds patch manager, and in the midst of setting up our patching process.  I have installed my PAS in one of our environments, WSUS installed first before SW.  I am able to publish my 3rd party patches to my local WSUS server, but my downstream servers are not getting the 3rd party patches but are getting the MS patches replicated just fine.  Am I missing a component installation on the remote WSUS servers to facilitate the 3rd party patching?

Thank you all.

• Two things come to mind:

1)  Depending on your downstream settings this could be effected, so make sure they're replica servers otherwise you will need to approve or potentially publish the third party updates directly to the downstream WSUS server.

2)  Make sure they have the WSUS publishing certificate as with your client machines.  The chain of trust needs to be complete from the PAS to each WSUS (and downstreams) and client machines.  If you don't have the certificate on the downstream servers they won't trust the third party updates.  You may also need to enable the Allow signed updates policy if you haven't:

Using Group Policy to Configure Managed Clients - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support