This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Install issues - Solarwinds-Orion-NTA-4.2.3-RC1-OfflineInstaller

Trying to upgrade the NTA storage database but I have a question:

When using the install wizard, I am asked to install NPM and it is required.    Not sure why?  I've tried both offline and the recommended installer but get the same result.

pastedImage_0.png

• NTA is not a standalone application. It still requires NPM to be there.

• Keep in mind this is a Release Candidate, so everything is subject to change until General Availability:

The Falcon (online) installer only supports local NTA install (which is not recommended/best practice).  You will want to continue to use the "Orion Netflow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) for Offline Installation" installer if you are working with the three server setup (Orion server, NTA Database, Orion SQL Database).

• Actually it turns out that it was the installer.   I was given the correct one from support and it works as intended.

They will correct the RC link for others.

RC installers are not betas.   RC installers should and do act like GA.  Companies like SolarWinds just want that little bit more testing in the wild before they go GA that's all.

• That is correct, but this issue was concerning the flow storage database not one of the pollers.