Similar to another question I asked, but here is the answer in case anyone needs it:
So what I ended up doing was taking a deep dive into the SWIAPI script that is used by the Solarwinds App. I saw that it was using something called a "filter query" as one of its means to do lookups. I looked up how those work and you basically construct something called an "encoded query string" using the breadcrumbs on any table in servicenow that you need. In my case this worked beautifully as I was able to pass name=serverABC^sys_class_name=cmcbi_ci_win_server and that worked like a charm, no need to pass it as a seperate field from solarwinds.