This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Triggered action - multiple ip's on node

hello everyone,

im trying to get some alerting setup when an interface goes down. i had it for the node, but it didnt give me info about the t1 circuit so i changed it to interface. and so far we like it BUT our integration/helpdesk team dont know what to do with the lb ip that the alert is generating. because thats the ip its monitoring of the node.

her is the alert that i currently have set up:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: An Interface on Node: ${NodeName} is having an issue.

The Loopback IP is: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.IP_Address}

Interface is: ${N=SwisEntity;M=InterfaceName} - ${N=SwisEntity;M=Alias}

And is located at: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.Location}

${N=SWQL;M=SELECT ip.IPAddressType, ip.IPAddress, ip.InterfaceIndex, i.caption as Caption, i.DetailsURL as [_LinkFor_Caption], '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + i.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Caption]

FROM Orion.NodeIPAddresses as IP

left join Orion.NPM.Interfaces as i on ip.nodeid=i.nodeid and ip.interfaceindex=i.index}

This is an: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.MachineType}

IOS Version is: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.IOSVersion}

The iOS Image is: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.IOSImage}

Device last boot was: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.LastBoot;F=DateTime}

${NodeDetailsURL}

${N=Alerting;M=AcknowledgeLink}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no i did some research on this and a few people said that swql will work. so i added the command they had but now the alert is just showing up with IPv4 instead of all the ip's that the node knows about .

i basically need to let the Integration/Helpdesk know of the lan ip of this branch office.

please help!!!