4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 2:37 AM by I LIKE EGGS

Orion.Nodes CustomPropertyValues

tezdoll

All,

I am really new to powerorion and we see something we would like to stream line, windows updates outage windows. Where we could pull the nodes on certain custom properties, Update_Schedule in my case, and set them as unmanaged for x hours.

I know there is already a tool to do this, but it is an awful process. So, I ask you, is there a way to do this?

if I go to Orion.Nodes (view) in the database I see Update_Schedule in the view but when I try to pull from it I get an error. The only thing I can figure is the SwisData has hardcoded  variables in it and will not allow me to select a custom field. Any help on this would be great!

Get-SwisData $swis "SELECT sysname FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE Update_Schedule Like 'DEV%'"

• Re: Orion.Nodes CustomPropertyValues
          I LIKE EGGS

hey,

i think they only issue with selecting the fields was because you needed the Orion.NodesCustomProperties table, try this:

# Parameters 

$orionServer = "localhost" 

$orionUsername = "user" 

$orionPassword = "password"

#Get snapin

if (! (Get-PSSnapin | where {$_.Name -eq "SwisSnapin"})) {

Add-PSSnapin "SwisSnapin"

}

# Connect to SWIS 

$swis = Connect-Swis -Hostname $orionServer -UserName $orionUsername -Password $orionPassword 

# search nodes etc

Get-SwisData $swis "select SysName from orion.nodes n inner join Orion.NodesCustomProperties np on n.nodeid = np.nodeid where np.Update_Schedule like 'DEV%'"

I LIKE EGGS

this should do the unmanaging for you over red that part lol.. this will un-mange for 2 minutes

# Parameters

$orionServer = "localhost"

$orionUsername = "username"

$orionPassword = "password"

#Get snapin

}

# Connect to SWIS

$swis = Connect-Swis -Hostname $orionServer -UserName $orionUsername -Password $orionPassword

# search nodes etc

$nodid = Get-SwisData $swis "select SysName from orion.nodes n inner join Orion.NodesCustomProperties np on n.nodeid = np.nodeid where np.Update_Schedule like 'DEV%'"

$now = [DateTime]:: UtcNow

$later = $now.AddMinutes(2)

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.Nodes Unmanage @("N: $nodeid ", $now, $later, "false")

More information can be found here:

Orion SDK with PowerShell - manage/unmanage multiple nodes

tezdoll

Thank you for your help in this. We were able to clean it up a little by doing the following: Adding -Trusted to the connection string passes the username and password and allows for use to use a service account.

# Parameters
                  $orionServer = "ServerName"

#Get snapin
                  }

# Connect to SWIS
                  $swis = Connect-Swis -trusted -Hostname $orionServer

# search nodes et
                  Get-SwisData $swis "select SysName, from orion.nodes n inner join Orion.NodesCustomProperties np on n.nodeid = np.nodeid where np.Update_Schedule like 'DEV%'"

$now = Get-Date

$later = $now.AddHours(2)

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.Nodes Unmanage @("N: $nodeid ", $now, $later, "false")

You have been a great help. My biggest problem was the inner join. Thank you so much!