1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 9:51 AM by ekis

Is there an option to filter out and exclude undefined sensors from the Hardware Health Overview pie chart?

ekis

I provide support for the SolarWinds monitoring app for our company.

We’ve granted the Sysadmins to have node management powers on their own machines.

They disabled hardware sensors for stuff they don't want via the Manage Hardware Sensors page.

But all those disabled hardware sensors eat up a lot in the Hardware Health Overview pie chart in our dashboard as they appear under the undefined portion of the pie chart.

We want to delete all disabled hardware sensors so that the pie chart will only contain any status other than undefined.

Alternatively, is there an option to filter out and exclude undefined sensors from the Hardware Health Overview pie chart?

Here’s how our Hardware Health Overview pie chart looks like.

• Re: Is there an option to filter out and exclude undefined sensors from the Hardware Health Overview pie chart?
          ekis

Did some further digging by enabling Orion Hubble.

Then, I opened up the Hardware Health Overview resource on its own web browser tab.

Based on the details from Orion Hubble, I was able to get the SWQL query being run for the count that its performing in the background.

Looking at this query, it appears that SolarWinds is already filtering out from the results anything that is disabled.

But looking deeper, what it actually filters out is any node that has the Hardware Health tick box unchecked in List Resources.

It is NOT filtering out based on the individual hardware sensors that are in disabled state in the Manage Hardware Sensors page.

By the way my company is on SAM 6.2.4. But I've read the newest SAM 6.4's release notes and have not seen any mention of the hardware health overview resource that it actually filters out based on individual hardware sensors that are in disabled state in the Manage Hardware Sensors page.

Anyone from SolarWinds that can provide confirmation that this is a bug in SAM 6.2.4 and is indeed already fixed in SAM's most recent version?