This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to make the body of an alert email show the last 10 data points collected for a node's percent CPU Load?

Is there a way to make the body of an alert email show the last 10 data points collected for a node's percent CPU Load?

How about for a node's percent Memory used?

Any inputs guys?

Thanks in advance emoticons_happy.png

• Do you have a web page or report/ query already showing the last 10 data points collected?

• Doable, but I can't think of a way to make it happen in a simple clean way, just some hackish workarounds.

The first thing that comes to mind would be setting up a series of custom sql variables in the alert message that would display the info from the cpuload history table for the node from ~10 min ago, ~20 min ago, ~30, etc

• I agree with mesverrum​, and I haven't gone out on Thwack and read anything, and it may be hackish, but if you search Thwack for "Ultimate CPU Alert" you may find something.  there are several posts and people have been trying to build a cool/better CPU alert.  I haven't kept up with the posts (I just know it's out there as a task being tackled)  but there may be ideas in them on how to do some of what you're trying to do.

I'm going out on a limb and making an assumption that d09h​ is hinting at providing a link to the report in the email?

I had a similar request *years* ago with a different product to show the top X processes with high CPU in the CPU alerts so you could know what was contributing to the high CPU issue. I think I got it done (well enough, for awhile), but it seems like "creating a report" or text chart in an alert when the tool doesn't natively support "adding reports to alerts" is painful to support (but it's really cool and useful).

Good luck!

• http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/en/flarehelp/sam/content/core-emailing-a-web-page-sw1049.htm?Highlight=Alert%20action%20email%20a%20web%20page

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/en/flarehelp/sam/content/core-emailing-a-web-page-sw1049.htm?Highlight=Alert%20action%20email%20a%20web%20page

Administer > Create and manage alerts > Alert Actions > Emailing a Web Page

Email a webpage to users

Send a web page as a PDF, including content of resources available in the Orion Web Console, to others.
    1. When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in the Trigger or Reset Action section of the Alert Wizard.
    2. Select the Email a Web Pageoption, then click Configure Action.
    3. Enter the Recipients.Multiple addresses must be separated with commas.
    4. Enter the Subject and Messageof your alert trigger email/page.
      • For the Optional WebServer Authentication section, select User currently logged in, Another user, or No user defined.Use variables to make the message dynamic.
      • You can create a dynamic URL to send information about the object that triggered the alert.
    5. Enter your SMTP server information.
    6. Schedule the action by selecting Time of Day > Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. This schedule only applies to the alert action you are editing.This is often used to prevent an action from occurring during specific windows.
    7. Select how frequently this action occurs for each triggered alert in Execution Settings.
    8. Click Add Action.

The action is added to the trigger or reset action list, and you can test the action using the Simulate button. When the trigger or reset conditions of the alert are met, an email is sent to the recipients with a PDF generated from the web page.

Create a dynamic URL

Use variables to create a URL that changes based on the object that triggers the alert. Click Insert Variable and search for URL to find the all of the variables you can use to create the dynamic URL.

For example, enter ${N=SwisEntity;M=DetailsUrl} in the URL field to email a link to the Details view of the object that triggered the alert. When the email is sent, the variable resolves to a valid URL such as http://myserver/Orion/View.aspx?NetObject=N:3 and the emailcontains the content of the Details view in the body.